V-Ray 3.40.02 now available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 3.40.02 now available

An update to V-Ray 3.40 for Maya is now available for download on the Chaosgroup website!

Here's what's new in the new version, 3.40.02:

New features:
    (*) VRayDenoiser: Added update button;
    (*) vdenoise: Added standalone denoise tool;

Modified features:
    (*) V-Ray: Support for material preview in Viewport 2.0 OpenGL core profile;
    (*) VRayVolumeGrid: Support for preview in Viewport 2.0 OpenGL core profile;
    (*) VRayDenoiser: Prevented the denoiser render elements from saving as separate files;
    (*) VRayOSLMtl/VRayOSLTex: Sped up texture sampling;

Bug fixes:
    (*) V-Ray: Fixed slow IPR updates on old scenes with undersampling enabled;
    (*) V-Ray: Fixed incorrect rendering of materials with self-illumination with light cache;
    (*) VRay GPU: Fixed fireflies on scene with VRayFastSSS2;
    (*) VRay GPU: Highlight glossiness rendered even if Trace reflections option was disabled;
    (*) VRayLightDome: Viewport representation was flipped in some Maya versions;
    (*) VFB: Clicking on the white area of the scroll bar in the color corrections window scrolls by just one pixel;
    (*) VFB: Toolbar icons were not stretched over the entire buttons when screen dpi is changed;
    (*) VFB: Fixed wrong positioning when zooming out;
    (*) VRayDenoiser: Fixed crash on OS X when hardware acceleration is enabled;
    (*) VRayDenoiser: Fixed artifacts on images with fireflies;
    (*) VRayDenoiser: Fixed black result on some computers with hardware acceleration;
    (*) Texture Baking: Fixed occasional freezes on objects with empty UV sets;
    (*) VRayStereoscopic: Fixed artifacts in the render;

Best regards,
    Mihail Djurev,
    V-Ray for Maya Team Lead
    V-Ray for Maya dev team lead

Ah..... yea.... I just got the email announcement ....... but its not in the download area so somewhere a left hand is obviously not talking to the right one.....

..... just saying.
    Maya, Modo, Houdini, Harmony
    2018 MBP, 32Gb, 2.9Ghz i9, Radeon Pro Vega 20 4Gb

Comment

Try the downloads a bit later, probably not all download mirrors have finished synchronizing.
      Alex Yolov
      Product Manager
      V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
      www.chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by rimcrazy View Post
        Ah..... yea.... I just got the email announcement ....... but its not in the download area so somewhere a left hand is obviously not talking to the right one.....

..... just saying.
        how we got the email annoucments when minor update is out? i never got it.

Comment

We send them out. We have the forum announcement in case we've missed somebody somehow.
          Alex Yolov
          Product Manager
          www.chaos.com

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	862413

well.. viewport 2.0 still not working probperly for me at maya 2016.5 tried all profiles.

Comment

Does it happen with a particular scene or with every scene?
              What material are you using?
              V-Ray developer

Comment

Originally posted by t.petrov View Post
                Does it happen with a particular scene or with every scene?
                What material are you using?
                i tried now. seems like its only happening with my substance painter vray exports. tiff images. "regular" textures from around worked correct. using standart vray material.

Comment

Does it work with the standard maya materials correctly?
                  Can you share a scene?
                  V-Ray developer

Comment

Does it work with the standard maya materials correctly?
                    Can you share a scene?
                    lol i never thought of using standart maya materials? because of performance? can we use them while rendering? i will share the scene when i get home if it's not a UV issue like i think now after i tried new scene here

Comment

I asked if it works with Maya materials to try to find out if the problem is in the Maya or in V-Ray.
                      If the problem happens with a lambert material, then probably something is broken in Maya and we could no do much to fix it.
                      But if it happens only with the V-Ray material, then we could try to fix it (if it is not a limitation of the API).
                      V-Ray developer

Comment

I asked if it works with Maya materials to try to find out if the problem is in the Maya or in V-Ray.
                        If the problem happens with a lambert material, then probably something is broken in Maya and we could no do much to fix it.
                        But if it happens only with the V-Ray material, then we could try to fix it (if it is not a limitation of the API).
                        i understand. will try it. but why you would waste your time for maya materials hehe.. thanks for attention.

Comment

Yes, you can use them with vray, there should be little to no performance loss.
                          Alex Yolov
                          Product Manager
                          www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                          X