Batch Render + vRay FB (single frame)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch Render + vRay FB (single frame)

Hi guys, Is there a way to batch render and see the progress in the vray FB from a single frame ? I know you can do this if you do an animation. For Test Renders you will need to do this manually (as always), but by rendering single frame and single Render Layers all the time as a single Render Layer - then you will need to seat in front of the Monitor all the time and you will need to save every single-Render-Layer Image by yourself. What Im looking for is to #1 render automatically my Render Layers, #2 save my images automatically in the specified folder and #3 see time to time (just to control that everything is fine) the progress in the vRay FB. Is there a possibility to batch-render all the Render-Layers as desired for a single frame?
    DE: ERFINDER des Elektroautos „SION"
    EN: INVENTOR / FOUNDER of the electric vehicle "SION".

Computer #1 (Main) : Windows 10 PRO │ 2xXEON │128 GB │Quadro M4000 │ Quadro K4000 │ MaYa │vRay 5 │Phoenix FD 4 │

Even I have a powerful Computer ... I NEED CHAOS CLOUD !

That would be glorious, and I dont know why Maya out of the box doesnt have that functionality. It seems pretty crazy its not a thing. I often have renders going over a weekend day and like the check in on the framebuffer to check that everything is translating well from my test renders to my high res final. Id also like to know that Maya would be smart enough to move onto the next render layer after its finished with a render, rather than me having to come check on it and manually save the images, and start the next layer.

Obviously this is partially solved in batch render, as you mentioned, but it is nice to be able to see half way through if there is an issue. Maya used to have a "render all layers" option with the legacy layers, but it seems its been removed for the new render setup. Maybe its just moved? But Ive not seen it.
    Website
    https://mangobeard.com/
    Behance
    https://www.behance.net/seandunderdale

Comment

Yes !
      It is crazy that we need to seat all the time and render frame by frame and single Layer every time.

IMHO - if I have a prepared scene with all the Render Layers why not to continuously render until the last Render Layer + wit the desired vRay Render Elements.

I hope Chaos will do something or offer us a solution for this.

Computer #1 (Main) : Windows 10 PRO │ 2xXEON │128 GB │Quadro M4000 │ Quadro K4000 │ MaYa │vRay 5 │Phoenix FD 4 │

Comment

I never considered it a Vray problem. My thought is its a Maya issue since the functionality used to be there in previous versions of Maya.
        Website
        Behance

Comment

Correct !
          It is MaYas issue 100 %

BUT
          Chaos and vRay has solve already many issues and they do a great job solving such things in MaYa implementing them in vRay

That is the reason why I ask Chaos to help us again with this

Autodesk just listen others.

Comment

Yeh tbh youre more likely to get Vray dev feedback / action than you are ever going to get Autodesk to change anything.
            Website
            Behance

Comment

Correct !
              Chaos give feedback and listen to their clients.
              Autodesk do their thing at they own way when ever they like and however they like.

I was analyzing my propose to have this Visual feature to see the progress in the vRay Buffer ... and I end to the conclusion, that this will be also a feature needs to be add from Chaos.
              The reason for that is simply. This feature will display directly on the vRay chaos FB. Just like the IPR render view in the Perspective Camera.

Their for PLEASE chaos group add a visual view on the vRay FB for a single "BATCH RENDER" + "RENDER ELEMENTS" frame and for Animation too. PLEASE !

At the moment I can render a single Frame in the vRay FB for test renderings, but for final render I will need the vRay FB to have a visual understanding if the rendering is running as I wish. It is also important to have render the Render Layers too.

I will over appreciate this feature in vRay 5 !

Comment

Originally posted by seandunderdale View Post
                Yeh tbh youre more likely to get Vray dev feedback / action than you are ever going to get Autodesk to change anything.
                Hi seandunderdale !
                I think I found a way to render 1 frame only and be available to see the progress in the vRay FB.
                But let me check just another thing.

I will come back to you !

EDIT:

Hi seandunderdale again !
                Ok I needed to be sure since I render a big project.

So this is what you can do to see the progress in the vRay FB.
                1. Choose in the vRay FB a resolution of 110%
                2. Go to MaYa Render Menu
                3. From there choose "Render Sequence" (LIVE THE WINDOW OPEN !!!!!!!)
                4. Choose your settings in the Rendering Settings. (Camera, Name, # of Frames to render, etc ...)
                5. In Render Settings / Animation choose Standard
                6. DO NOT CHECK the "Render animation only in batch mode"
                7. Choose "Start Frame" 1 and "End Frame" 1

DONE !

NOTE!
                If you have "Render Passes" they will be render after finishing the first "Render Pass"

CAREFUL!
                If you press ESC or you want to cancel the render you can do it, ...

BUT

Be careful to not have "Render Passes" after trying to cancel all the jobs you will get an error like:

// Error: There was a fatal error rendering the scene

Last edited by XavBo; 30-03-2021, 12:12 PM.

Comment

YES! It works. Nice find. As with many things I complain about in Maya and Vray, I just dont know my tools well enough.

One thing to add, you dont need to do the 110% thing in the framebuffer. Works fine at 100%. Also, dont start rendering while on the master layer as it will render that layer.
                  Website
                  Behance

Comment

YES! It works. Nice find. As with many things I complain about in Maya and Vray, I just dont know my tools well enough.
                    Glad to hear that work also for you !

One thing to add, you dont need to do the 110% thing in the framebuffer. Works fine at 100%.
                    Now, I need to ask you how did you made with the 100% because it didnt work for me.

Also, dont start rendering while on the master layer as it will render that layer.
                    OH! I forgot to tell you that. Sorry !
                    This is correct !
                    You can render the Render Pass you like in a sequence (all Render Passes active) or as a single SELECTED Render Pass.
                    To activate or deactivate a Render Pass just click the icon in your Render Pass after the Eye in the Render Pass Layer. (This is not for you seandunderdale. I know you know that This is just in case some one need to know)

HAPPY RENDERING !

Comment

Attached is the file I used. If you set the render res to be any percent, the final image will render out at that. But it also works turned off.
                      Attached Files
                      Website
                      Behance

Comment

Hi seandunderdale ! I will have a look into your file in a couple of days. Thank you for the file. Cheers !

Comment

Hello !!

Good Finding !! by the way, your name is familiar to me !! he he

X. B. O. ? Haha

Greetings and hugs
                          Last edited by intercard; 28-04-2021, 07:48 AM.
                          Carlos Alvarez Velazquez

Tutorials about VRay for Maya:
                          https://youtube.com/CarlosAlvarezVelazquez

Comment

Whats up !
                            How you doing !

Glad to have you here !
                            Greetings and Hugs back !

Comment

BTW !!!!!!

Originally posted by intercard View Post
                              Hello !!
                              Why is your user name intercard ?
                              Sorry, but is a terrible user name !

Dont get mad at me !

Greetings and Hugs mate !

Comment

Working...
                              X