Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun and sky - how to override color?

Hey

Feature in max to set color of sun to be fixed, is there the same option in maya? I need specific color rather the realistic sun color or the filter color.

Regards
    Dariusz
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Not yet but I'll make a note into our system to port that feature in Maya as well.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Any update on this? or any hacky way to go about it? I'm finding the sun color (especially with a white VDB cloud in a volumeGrid) to be extreeeemely yellow. I have to crank down the white balance so far that it screws up the rest of my scene colors.

Comment

Hi smbell , there's no update on this one, I'm afraid. I've bumped up the priority.

There is, in fact, a "hacky" way to use this until we add it to the Sun UI in Maya - you can enable this mode with a simple post-translate python script. Just add the following to the Post-Translate Python Script field in Render Settings > Common tab > MEL/Python callbacks:

Code:
        from vray.utils import *

sun=findByType('SunLight')[0]
        sun.set('color_mode', 2)
        You can change the mode between 0, 1 and 2, it's set to 2 in my example. 0 means the default filter mode, 1 is direct and 2 is the override mode respectively.
        You can check the 3ds max documentation about the modes, it's essentially the same, and it will be after we add it to the Maya UI. https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...ySunParameters

Hope that's a somewhat convenient way to use the feature.
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
        www.chaos.com

Comment

Wow, that's awesome! I'll give it a shot this afternoon.

Comment

yolov I just got a chance to revisit this and it works great! It's much easier to match VDBs to a background plate in the render now!

Comment

Working...
            X