New test resolution button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New test resolution button

Unless I'm missing something, the new "Test Resolution" button in Vray 3.6x only gives you the option to toggle between whatever the full resolution is, and 50 percent of this (e.g. if working with render settings resolution set to 1920 x 1080, the test resolution button sets your frame buffer to 960 x 540). I know a lot of us have been begging for some of the features of Maya's render view to be incorporated into the VFB to avoid the necessity of going back and forth between the two windows, but frankly this isn't an improvement -- it's a step backwards. I frequently want to set my test resolution to be higher than 50 percent, or even more than 100 percent. Lookdev and lighting present all kinds of challenges and the ability to set test resolution to taste and the situation is incredibly important. Now the VFB's test resolution button only offers two resolutions. This now means instead of it being necessary to go into render view to set test resolution, it's necessary to go into render settings and change the baseline resolution there. This is MORE work than going to render view and choosing a percentage of full rez. Really, this is a terrible implementation of what should have been a very simple feature to add. Please give us the ability to set more than two resolutions, or at least the ability to override the test resolution button so that we can continue to work using the old workflow.

You can right-click on the button to select from a number of different resolutions (including larger than 100%). See here for more information:
    https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...VFB-VFBToolbar

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ah, obviously I missed that! Then this is terrific

Comment

Working...
      X