No announcement yet.

Multiple distributed slaves versions ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple distributed slaves versions ?

Hello, is there a way how to use multiple slave services on one node ?

We are using Maya2017(vr2.40) and Maya2018(vr3.2) and we want to use both on renderfarm.
    Is there some parameters how to start services on different ports or something. Can somebody at least guide me how can i make it proper way ?

Thx
    Rasto

Hello Rasto,

The default port for the Distributed Rendering function of V-Ray for Maya is 20207. You can change that port for one of your V-Ray instances.

Example:

You can manually set the port of the V-Ray for Maya DR spawner through the Windows command prompt with the following syntax:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2018\vray\bin\vray.exe" -server -portnumber=20209

You can also set up the spawner as a Windows service with the following command:

sc create "VRaySpawner 2018_20209" DisplayName= "VRaySpawner 2018_20209" binPath="C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2018\vray\bin\vraymayaspawner20 18.exe -port=20209"
    Last edited by nikolay.simeonov; 28-11-2017, 09:30 AM.
    Nikolay Simeonov

Technical Support Representative
    support@chaosgroup.com

Chaos Group

Comment

Hello Nikolay,

it's working with your previous "max based" paths too, i transform it to maya.

But one more question, if i have 2 runing DR on two different ports 20207+20209 it take 2 node licenses ?

Thanks
      Rasto
      Last edited by raxto; 28-11-2017, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Hi Rasto,

V-Ray 2.0 (vr2.40) and V-Ray 3.0 (vr3.2) are using two different types of licensing, you can use both at the same time without any conflicts.
        Nikolay Simeonov

Technical Support Representative
        support@chaosgroup.com

Chaos Group

Comment

Hi Nikolay,

but they takes from license server two or one node license if they run in same time ?

Rasto

Comment

Hi Nikolay, is there mistake in your "sc create" line, there must be -portNumber instead of -port ?
            Rasto
            Last edited by raxto; 06-03-2018, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Hi Rasto,
              The correct command should be -portNumber.
              Alex Yolov
              Product Manager
              V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
              www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
              X