Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vrsene doesn't work with Mash

Hi,

Sometimes we import assets from MAX using the vrscene method.
    We can import these assets into Maya and all renders really well.

However if we distribute using MASH, the objects will appear in VP2 but will not render?

Is this possible to fix or is this an Autodesk issue? Thanks
    Maya 2020/2022
    Win 10x64
    Vray 5

VRayScatter for Maya works too so it just seems to be MASH that fails at rendering vrscene objects.
    Maya 2020/2022
    Win 10x64
    Vray 5

Comment

Sorry, just to follow up. Was this an unsupported feature or a bug? Just wondering as if I have to build a few more assets from 3ds max - wondering if should still stick with translating them across manually or using the vrscene option.
      Maya 2020/2022
      Win 10x64
      Vray 5

Comment

It will be supported soon in the nightly builds, but I think it is currently a limitation.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

VRMesh works fine with MASH set to instance..

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
            It will be supported soon in the nightly builds, but I think it is currently a limitation.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            Thanks as always Vlado. That's good to hear. It's so easy getting assets into Maya this way so glad to hear it!
            Maya 2020/2022
            Win 10x64
            Vray 5

Comment

Maybe related but I noticed instancing IES lights around via MASH didn't work either.
              Not sure if it's supposed to anyway as VP2 doesn't support instanced lights. However it's super useful if it was to be supported.

Manually instancing IES lights around the scene (while parented to a locator so you can see it in the VP2) renders ok.
              Maya 2020/2022
              Win 10x64
              Vray 5

Comment

Hi,
                instancing V-Ray scene files is possible in our latest official version (4.12.01). You can find more information on our documentation page.
                You need to set the "Load mode" in the VRayScene node to either All or Geometry depending on what your goal is.
                Currently, none of the lights can be instanced since they're only locators and when doing so you're actually instancing a bunch of locators and not the lights them self. We're aware of that issue.
                Ivan Shaykov
                chaos.com

Comment

I can't seem to get it to work with [2019/May/21|10:39:24] V-Ray: V-Ray Next for Maya, update 1 version 4.12.01.00001?

Edit: I assume the bug that you're referring to was the instanced/reflection bug and that MASH isn't just yet supported?
                  Maya 2020/2022
                  Win 10x64
                  Vray 5

Comment

The new Load Mode parameter can be set to Geometry - this mode will work with MASH instancing.
                    Alex Yolov
                    Product Manager
                    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
                    www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                    X