Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vrscans - Unhandled exception c0000005

Hi,

Testing out VRScans more (carpaints) and this one is giving me an error when rendering through Deadline or rendering locally.

Deadline said they had never seen this error before- Vray error: exception [module=1] : Rendering Region (6336, 4480)-(6400,4544). When I just change the car paint to my normal stochastic blend material it renders totally fine through deadline. Only my render layers with the VRSCAN car paint applied get this error. Tried exporting car to a new scene and problem followed.

Rendering locally I get this error when it's about 80% done - Fatal error, unhandled exception c0000005. If I region render the area it didn't finish, it finishes rendering. This is okay but I have many render layers I need to feed through Deadline, can't babysit each one individually like this.

Using high universal settings, tried reducing memory allocation to 64k from 0 same problem (have 256gb of ram on machine I always leave that at 0)

Not sure what to try next?

Thanks!
    Eric

narrowed it down to render elements. disabling = no problems. enabling any of the following brings back problem- GI, Lighting, Reflection, Refraction, Specular. Any one of them does it.

But why? I need my passes :/ I tried deleting them all and making new ones.

tried several vrscan paints including one that worked fine with passes in another scene/ with a different car.

Comment

cure - turning off displace in the vrscan shader itself.

Comment

This looks like a bug which we would like to have a look closer.
        Would it be possible to send us stripped down version of the scene for investigation?
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Sure thing, sending now

Comment

Thanks for the scene, it successfully replicates the issue into our environment as well.
            The crash occurs even with render elements disabled, turning of Displace option inside VRScanMtl resolves the issue, however?
            This is definitely a bug, either with this material specifically or with VRScanMtl plugin - in any case it is something that needs to be addressed and fixed.

I am going to report it into our bug-tracking system, and I'll keep you posted for any updates.

What're the versions of V-Ray, Maya, and OS that you are using?
            Did you try to render the scene with another CarPaint material with displacement?

Comment

Glad it replicated the same problem, now I know I'm not totally crazy

Using windows 10, maya 16, and vray 3.6.03. I tried a couple different scanned car paints and had the same problem with displacement on.

Cheers!

Comment

Yes, we got the same thing here during the tests.
                It's a general issue, it's not related to a particular shader.

Comment

any news? i have the same problem in 3dsmax...and there is no chekbox for "displace" max2016 and max2019 both 3.60.04

so i would need urgent help

thanks svetlozar
                  Last edited by thomes; 13-09-2018, 06:31 AM.

Comment

I only use maya but I googled the manual for max and it looks like there is a parameter 'edges displacement' which come to think of it is what it's call in maya also. I would try turning that off. This is the only thing that's ever caused this error for me.

https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...VRayScannedMtl

Comment

Looks like disabling 'edges displacement' is the only workaround for 3.6. This is fixed in V-Ray Next according to my tests.
                      Alex Yolov
                      Product Manager
                      V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
                      www.chaos.com

Comment

thanks for feedback !

is disabled, enabling does not help

Comment

Does this mean you still have a problem, even with edges displacement disabled?
                          Alex Yolov
                          Product Manager
                          V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
                          www.chaos.com

Comment

yes right, it crashes max in both cases ... in vraynext it loads without problem

Comment

wrong, sorry...maybe i took the wrong one...it also does NOT load in vraynext...

last marker is at: c builder cgrepo vray vray scr vrayrenderer.cpp line 3609 preparing global light manager
                              Last edited by thomes; 24-09-2018, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X