Setting up yeti for distributed rendering help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up yeti for distributed rendering help

Hello, i was wondering if anyone could throw some light on setup for vray distributed rendering yeti fur?

I have followed the rather slim docs on peregrine site below

To render Yeti graphs using the supplied VRay plugins you first need to make sure that VRay will be able to find the appropriate binaries, to support rendering in both Maya and standalone you will need to append the bin directory in the Yeti installation path to the VRAY_FOR_MAYA2012_PLUGINS_x64 and VRAY_PLUGINS_x64 environment variables.

Can anyone expand on this? its a little cryptic so im not sure i have done it right

thanks

matt

sorry premature post, i have worked it out

Comment

ok i have got it working on two machines, adding the above environment variables, both machines are win7 Running E5-2690 v2 and E5-2690 xeons.

However i cant for the life get it to work on two older machines, i get this error when i load vray slave following the exact same install process.

error: Error loading plugin library "C:\Yeti\bin\vray_pgYetiVRay.dll": LoadLibrary failed (126): The specified module could not be found.

These machines are very old one is a x5670 dual xeon (mac booted into windows 7) the other is Intel Core i7 980x. These machines have to be about 8 years old could that be the problem?

thanks in advance

Comment

Maya 2012 What V-Ray version is that? Or is that just the example on yeti's documentation page http://documentation.peregrinelabs.c...tallation.html ?

Off the top of my head, you need the VRAY_PLUGINS_x64 to point to the bin folder of where yeti is unpacked. Then also you'll need the yeti licensing RLM_LICENSE.
        I'm guessing the V-Ray versions are the same between all these machines, as well as the yeti versions? If one setup works on one machine but doesn't on another, maybe post the log from the vray slave that prints that error, it might contain some pointers to where the problem is.
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
        www.chaos.com

Comment

Hi alex.

im using maya 2017, vray 3.6.0.2. That was a cut and paste from their very up to date docs lol!

I have set all the env vars Correctly and tripple checked on rouge machines. Yes vray same on all machines too. Where would i find log? I pasted the error that pops up in the cmd window when i start a slave.

error: Error loading plugin library "C:\Yeti\bin\vray_pgYetiVRay.dll": LoadLibrary failed (126): The specified module could not be found.

is there a more in depth log than that?

Another little querk i have discovered.... When i render over deadline i seem to loose the addtional shading on the vrayhair3mtl. I am using the additonal hair sampler to randomise colour with ramp. These settings seem to be lost. I need to further investigate this one though.... So will report back.

thanks

matt

Comment

Originally posted by matthew999 View Post
            I pasted the error that pops up in the cmd window when i start a slave.
            Are there any other errors or warnings there? That's where the log is printed. Usually at the end of the log there will be a summary of all errors and warnings.

Another little querk i have discovered.... When i render over deadline i seem to loose the addtional shading on the vrayhair3mtl. I am using the additonal hair sampler to randomise colour with ramp. These settings seem to be lost. I need to further investigate this one though.... So will report back.
            That's the first time I hear about somthing like that, that's quite odd. I'll discuss with some of the guys in our office and get back to you.

Alex Yolov
            Product Manager
            V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
            www.chaos.com

Comment

Hi,
              it would be great if you could share which Deadline version you're using so we can try to reproduce the issue on our end?
              Ivan Shaykov
              chaos.com

Comment

deadline 10.0.10.4

let me check my end on a simpler shader setup as i was using colour along strand on overall colour and randomise by strand on spec and transmission this might have thrown it

thanks

matt

Comment

Originally posted by shaio View Post
                  Hi,
                  it would be great if you could share which Deadline version you're using so we can try to reproduce the issue on our end?
                  Hi Ivan, hmm i cant seem to recreate this issue anymore probably user error

thanks

Matt

Comment

ok i think i have worked it out, it looks like layer overides are not supproted on yeti fur when rendering in deadline for some reason!

Comment

Working...
                    X