Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two seperate visual bugs in the one render

Hi,

No DR enabled but I'm getting bucket errors and strange triangulated artefacts here. Anyone recognise them and how to fix?
    Last edited by snivlem; 22-02-2018, 03:58 PM.
    Maya 2020/2022
    Win 10x64
    Vray 5

Sadly seems to be that IES is broken again? It's what is causing the issue.

Seen this happen years ago with no DR but this time it's just the one local computer and I'm getting the horrible artefacts.
    Maya 2020/2022
    Win 10x64
    Vray 5

Comment

Hi,
      thank you for the feedback. If you have the Adaptive lights option ON can you please try to increase the number of the adaptive lights in the scene and check if the problem exists. Otherwise you can try to reproduce it on a simplified version of the scene and if possible share it to us so can check the issue.
      Ivan Shaykov
      chaos.com

Comment

Hi Ivan,

I can confirm the "dark buckets" are a bug with adaptive lights. Increasing the amount of lights resolves the bug.
        Last edited by snivlem; 05-03-2018, 08:31 PM.
        Maya 2020/2022
        Win 10x64
        Vray 5

Comment

I can confirm that the "tirangulation" corruption on the dark grey surface is caused by another material
          The other material is using a projection node of a grid node that is projection mapped as a triplanar. everything is using standard maya textures. What were seeing there is a corrruption in reflection.

If I remove the projection node from the other material, the render is fine.
          Maya 2020/2022
          Win 10x64
          Vray 5

Comment

.......Or so I thought. It looks like both the dark buckets and weird dark triangulated objects are 100 % occurring from the new "adaptive" light evaluation.
            Last edited by snivlem; 05-03-2018, 10:59 PM.
            Maya 2020/2022
            Win 10x64
            Vray 5

Comment

Hi,
              is it possible to send us a simplified version of the scene where the issue is reproducible so we could try to fix the issue that you're having? You can post it here or send it to support@chaosgroup.com with link to the forum thread. I'll keep you posted if there is more information or if we find any workaround for this.
              Ivan Shaykov
              chaos.com

Comment

Sorry i dont have the time. It's the hdr light dom. I can set adaptive lights to 100000 and the bug persists. Turning of the light dome solves the issue.

I've actually submitted this bug before almost a year ago, with a simple scene attached but the new forum software doesnt allow me to find it (search by topic) .
                Last edited by snivlem; 06-03-2018, 04:28 PM.
                Maya 2020/2022
                Win 10x64
                Vray 5

Comment

There's actually a futrher bug in the scene where IES with soft shadows on is being rendered incorrectly! (IES lights are ONLY rendered when "soft shadows" are turned on).....
                  Last edited by snivlem; 06-03-2018, 04:34 PM.
                  Maya 2020/2022
                  Win 10x64
                  Vray 5

Comment

Ok, I'll try to find the previous thread with the scene and check what is going on. About the IES issue is it possible to show me what the problem is? Is it the issue shown at the bottom from the picture in your first post at the beginning or is it something else?
                    Ivan Shaykov
                    chaos.com

Comment

Hi,
                      we've found the previous scene but the link was expired. We will continue to try to reproduce the issue on our end but without a scene would be a little slower.
                      One thing that you could try is to add a Shadow render element and check if this fixes the issue. I'll keep you posted if we have any success on reproducing it or any new information.
                      Ivan Shaykov
                      chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                      X