socket error creating command port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• socket error creating command port

hi all , anyone had any error messages like this " socket error creating command port " when you do a batch render with distributed rendering turned on ?

if i use the VFB i can use distributed rendering no problem , but if i try to do a batch render i get the error message " socket error creating command port"

thanks

( maya 2018.2 , win 10 , HP workstation , GTX 1080 )

forgot to add that the other computer is a mac, osx high sierra ..

Comment

update: i restarted both machines , and tried a test scene , which rendered out successfully with "use ditributed rendering " switched on.....

however if i go to the scene i originally tried to batch render then i still have issues .. i.e the batch render never starts and there's no error messages ... all i get is "//Result: Rendering with V-Ray "

Comment

Hi,
        usually when you have this message "socket error creating command port" it means that there is already started a batch job on the same machine.

however if i go to the scene i originally tried to batch render then i still have issues .. i.e the batch render never starts and there's no error messages ... all i get is "//Result: Rendering with V-Ray "
        Does this happen on both machines or only on the one with macOS?
        Ivan Shaykov
        chaos.com

Comment

yes it seems to be both ways .... I discovered it might be something to do with a MASH node, I have a few in the scene and I converted the "heavier " one to alembic cash and the batch render went through ok ...

Comment

Working...
          X