Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maya fluid gradient falloffs not working correctly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maya fluid gradient falloffs not working correctly.

I'm trying to give my VDB cloudscape scene some environment fog and the fastest to render and easiest way seems to be to drop an old school maya fluid container in there straight out of the visor examples. I don't need any bells and whistles, no scatter, I don't even have GI on, just a straight up fade to blue. This has worked great in MR for years and while it does work in VRay with the shading quality attributes turned on, it looks like the Y gradient modes don't really seem to be working correctly in any place where they are available. The falloff mode, the opacity mode or the gradient setting for the density grid all don't work correctly. They do "something"... like adjusting the input bias when the opacity mode is set to Y gradient changes the point where the gradient would be, but it's basically just a straight cutoff. There is no gradation to speak of. Same thing for rhe spherical mode. It does make a sphere, but again, there is no real gradient when the edge dropoff is adjusted.

Edit: I think I may be on to something here and may have figured it out...
    Last edited by smbell; 16-03-2018, 03:40 PM.

I have no idea what was going on there, I deleted the container and made a new one and it is fine now. Only difference is the new one is scaled up while the other one was not scaled and used the fluid size to make it larger.
    Last edited by smbell; 16-03-2018, 04:08 PM.

Comment

It might be a bug which only appears after following specific actions.
      If it happen again, you may send us the scene for investigation.
      Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
      X