Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XGen vray texture map setup problem

hey there,

I recently picked up XGen for my current project. I've pretty much finished the groom and now am setting up the shaders and colours for the fur. However, I've been having trouble with setting up this texture map I created (because the fur has different colours of patches) and I can't seem to get it to render with the texture I've created.

I've been following a few tutorials and have been trying to follow them but for some reason it won't work for me. maybe i'm doing something wrong?

one of the tuts: http://erwanleroy.com/rendering-text...-in-maya-2016/

So currently, I have set up the 'Custom Shader Parameters' maps (root_color and tip_color) and have been able to apply the texture map I created to the ptex maps and have been saved. However, I'm trouble setting up the vray hair and sampler nodes.

Would really appreciate any help from whoever has experience with xgen with vray 3.6 [using Maya 2018]

Hypershade: Click image for larger version  Name:	2018-04-14_12h48_15.png Views:	1 Size:	42.9 KB ID:	991776
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2018-04-14_12h54_06.png Views:	1 Size:	1.02 MB ID:	991777

The texture map I'm trying to go for: Click image for larger version  Name:	2018-04-14_12h54_48.png Views:	1 Size:	897.8 KB ID:	991778

Current render result with vray hair shader applied: Click image for larger version  Name:	groom_render_05.png Views:	1 Size:	1.71 MB ID:	991779
    Last edited by CGShaq; 14-04-2018, 05:10 AM.

Hi,
    I'll take a look at the tutorials and will get back to you with some tips for the Hair sampler.
    Ivan Shaykov
    chaos.com

Comment

I've made a few tests here based on the tutorial that you shared and the coloring seems to be working fine. If possible could you share the scene here or send it to support@chaosgroup.com with link to this thread so I can take a look if there is something else in the scene that might be causing the problem?
      Ivan Shaykov
      chaos.com

Comment

Hey shaio,

I managed to figure out where to input the hair sampler node; which was into the 'primary specular' only and that seemed to work. It was really confusing to figure it out with the different tutorials that were available but I managed to figure it out I think. Not sure if this the correct way but it's the only solution that has worked for me.

Comment

I'm happy that you've found a solution. The workflow in the tutorial that you shared should be applicable for any of the color attributes of the HairMtl, not only for the "Primary Specular".
          Ivan Shaykov
          chaos.com

Comment

Working...
          X