// Error: XGen: Failed to open file and the fallback attempts also failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• // Error: XGen: Failed to open file and the fallback attempts also failed

XGen and Vray used to work pretty well on my system but after the 3.6 update I keep getting the following error:

// Error: XGen: Failed to open file and the fallback attempts also failed: D:/documents/maya/projects/mayaScene001__collection14.abc //

I have both Maya 2017 and 2018, reset to default preferences, and they both produce the same error. To note that the very same scene using XGen collections renders correctly with Arnold and doesn't produce any error or warning.
    Image gallery: www.artstation.com/artist/alessandromastronardi
    FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/alessandroma...wildlifeartist
    Personal blog: www.alessandromastronardi.com

Hi,
    this is a known issue and we're working on a fix. As a workaround you can do "Export Patches for Batch Render" in the xGgen window and it will generate those .abc files then everything will render fine. I'll let you know when the fix makes it in to the stable builds. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Last edited by shaio; 18-04-2018, 11:21 PM.
    Ivan Shaykov
    chaos.com

Comment

Thnaks for the prompt reply and the hint, it does work. To note that perhaps because of the current issue, also grooming guides won't show up in the IPR until one doesn't stop and restart it.
      Image gallery: www.artstation.com/artist/alessandromastronardi
      FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/alessandroma...wildlifeartist
      Personal blog: www.alessandromastronardi.com

Comment

Hi,
        the issue is fixed in the latest stable V-Ray for Maya 3.60.05. Let me know if you have any issues.
        Ivan Shaykov
        chaos.com

Comment

Hi,

Is this version already available to download?

Thanks!

Comment

You should be able to get the build from our nightlies server - look for a "Maya 3.0 stable" folder.
            Alex Yolov
            Product Manager
            V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
            www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
            X