render window freeze maya whenever reach 100% / esc button pushed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• render window freeze maya whenever reach 100% / esc button pushed

my vray framebuffer sometimes freeze at 100%, causing the maya cant work anymore, i set the image not to save, freeze still occur, how to solve this? or any of people have experience to handle this issue? ( not all the scene have this issue, no render element)

- edit
    i try also with maya window render, canceling / completing render seems causing maya freezing for cuple minutes, ( i render small something like 720x640 )
    Last edited by asin_asinn; 03-05-2018, 12:23 AM.

Hi,
    which Maya and V-Ray versions do you use?
    Ivan Shaykov
    chaos.com

Comment

3.60.04, i tryed also previos version, result was same it still freeze maya but 3.60.04 is faster for maya to recover

Comment

Hi,
        I it is a very rare case that you can freeze Maya that way but unfortunately it is possible. We will be working on a fix. I'll let you know when the issue is fixed, sorry for the inconvenience. To avoid getting in this situation you should not click the left or right mouse buttons together too fast when starting a render.
        Ivan Shaykov
        chaos.com

Comment

Hi , update, find the cause, because we tryng to render a set park with tree, the leaves is using instancer, after we hide the tree it normal again. it might be maya issue.. not sure..

Comment

Great I'm happy to hear that you found what causes the freeze, but since the VFB is freezing it is worth checking if the problem is on our side. Is it possible to share a simplified version of the scene where the problem is reproducible so we could check if the issue is in V-Ray?
            Ivan Shaykov
            chaos.com

Comment

Working...
            X