Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray Vrmat converter not working with UDIM tiles ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Vrmat converter not working with UDIM tiles ?

I’m trying to convert a bunch of textures that have the file place node set to mari udims. When the material converter does its thing it basically moves the first image to the export directory but not the rest of the udims. Is this a bug or is the material exporter simply not aware of the <udim> variable in the file read node ? Right now i have to daisy chain all my images and manually do the tile offset on the 2d place node in order for the material converter to copy all of the images that are attached to the shader.

It's more of a limitation to the vrmat converter. Where do you import the vrmats that you create from Maya? This would be important to know, as if you instead export your material to a .vrscene file, you can read it back in and UDIM's should work. Also, the vrmatMtl node can read vrscene files in addition to .vrmat.
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

I import them back to another scene that has a bunch of proxies and assign the exported vrmat via the Vray vrmat node. That way if a master asset gets a material update we can just export another vrmat and replace it on disk without having to re open the master scene.

Im aware that the vrmatMtl node can read scenes but exporting scenes just to get materials out of them is a bit overkill. I like the way the material converter lets us pick specific materials to package. At the moment i have a scripted workaround but it would be nice if the material converter script could be updated to be aware of udim variables in the file names of textures.

Comment

I'll check in with the devs.
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
        www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
        X