[bug] VRayGeoSun: Transform always resets itself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [bug] VRayGeoSun: Transform always resets itself

When using individual transform values on the VRayGeoSun node in the section "Transform Attributes" when using Manual Position these get reset to the default when loading the scene.
    Even locking the attributes doesn't help.
    The only way to make sure the settings are retained is to set keyframes on the values which should be set.

Can you please check? Thanks.
    brave rabbit | Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 6 Core | ATI FirePro D700 | 32 GB RAM | OS X 10.13.3

Hi,
    which V-Ray version do you use? This is a known issue and it is fixed in V-Ray 3.60.04. If you're not using this version please update and let me know if you still have any problems.
    Thank you for your feedback.
    Ivan Shaykov
    chaos.com

Comment

Hi Ivan,

alright, I am on 3.60.03 - that makes sense. Currently I cannot switch due to a production but I'll keep that in mind. Good to know. Thanks.
      brave rabbit | Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 6 Core | ATI FirePro D700 | 32 GB RAM | OS X 10.13.3

Comment

There is a .greset attribute to the VRayGeoSun node which is used to reset its position. The fix for 3.60.04 is that we made it non-keyable to prevent the issue you're running into. To workaround it you can just disconnect it from any animation. You can do this in the Node editor by graphing the VRayGeoSun node and deleting the connection between the animation curve for the greset attribute and the sun node.
        Or by script:
        Code:
        disconnectAttr VRayGeoSun1_greset.output VRayGeoSun1.greset;
        If your geoSun node has another name, use it instead of the one in my exampe.

Then just change the timeline and your animation should be fine.
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
        www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
        X