Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specular pass in BlendMtl

Hi all

When I use a VRayMtl with a low glossy reflection, the glossy appears in the Specular pass.

When this VRayMtl is plugged in to a BlendMtl (with another higher/sharper glossy reflective Coat VrayMtl on top), the softer, underlying specular doesn't appear in the Specular pass.

Cheers
    Last edited by sherridge101; 16-05-2018, 06:41 AM.

Hi,
    which V-Ray and Maya versions do you use? I tried to reproduce it on my end with 3.60.04 but without success. I can see the specular from both the Base and the Coat material in the Specular RE even with glossiness value of 0.01 for the material with low glossiness. Do you have e texture to blend between the coat and the base material or you're just using the slider? If will be great if you can share a scene where this is reproducible.
    Ivan Shaykov
    chaos.com

Comment

Hi Ivan

Sorry for the delay.

We're on 3.60.04

We have the blend amount set to a VRay Falloff, and set to Fresnel of IOR 6.4.

I think setting up the carpaint this way means that perhaps there is more 'colour', in the reflection pass. And so when spraying out the Reflection (see attached), the underlying teapot looks much darker.

Maybe there is no issue as such.

Cheers
      Attached Files
      Last edited by sherridge101; 29-05-2018, 05:46 AM.

Comment

It will be best of you can share a scene with the issue so we could check this. Do you use a VRay CarPaintMtl in this setup or is it just a name that you gave to the overall shader because was testing with two VRayMtl inside blendMtl with VRayFallof as Blend amount and I always get the specular from both of the materials inside the Specular RE. Is this issue a result after the image is composited or straight from the V-Ray Frame buffer?
        Ivan Shaykov
        chaos.com

Comment

Working...
        X