Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loading Lens Effects presets via code

Hi,
    We need to enable the Bloom/Glare Effect in every shot and load Lens effect preset file (.vle).

Is there a way to do it with a code? I only found commands to set each setting individually, but not to load the preset file:
    https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...ogrammatically

apart from the -loadpreset, which loads a global presets file - not .vle.

Please let me know if I missed something or do we need to look for custom solutions.

Alternatively - could you provide specs for the .vle format?

Thanks,
    Juliusz

Currently, there isn't a way to do so, since the preset loading code is not revealed as a command. I've written an improvement request about the matter (internal bug-tracker id: VMAYA-9729) for our developers to investigate.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Aleksandar,

Thanks for reply and logging this as a request.

So, what do you reckon is the best approach for now - saving and loading the individual settings to/from json or xml file or writing own .vle file parser? If the latter - can Chaos Group share the format specs (I guess it's not overly complicated)?

Comment

Sorry to say, there isn't a described format, the logic is within the code. You would have to load the individual settings.

Comment

While we're talking about the lens effects, is there a way to do layer overrides to have different settings per render layer?

I know it's probably a long shot of an ask, but it would be fantastic to have a stand-alone method of creating the lens effects after the render is finished, or better yet a way of adjusting the lens effect parameters in Nuke. The lens effects have been producing really nice results over the past few revisions, would be awesome to tweak them in comp!
          www.DanielBuck.net - www.My46Willys.com - www.33Chevy.net - www.DNSFail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Buck View Post
            While we're talking about the lens effects, is there a way to do layer overrides to have different settings per render layer?

I know it's probably a long shot of an ask, but it would be fantastic to have a stand-alone method of creating the lens effects after the render is finished, or better yet a way of adjusting the lens effect parameters in Nuke. The lens effects have been producing really nice results over the past few revisions, would be awesome to tweak them in comp!
            You can add lens effects post-rendering via the vdenoiser.exe tool, though not interactive.

Comment

Working...
            X