Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extratex, falloff tex, texture python - node needs opening before it will render, also setAttr.vraySettings issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extratex, falloff tex, texture python - node needs opening before it will render, also setAttr.vraySettings issue

Hi if I create a VrayFalloff texture, then connect this to the texture input of an extratex aov, im finding i need to open thie vrayfalloffnode node before it will render. If not renders blank, I'm scripting this via python not normal gui behavior,
    Is this a bug? Vrayfresnel seems fine and vray dirt works also. all extratex and textures being created and connected via python.

It seems similar to when setting cmds.setAttr.vraySettings. ------
    Can you also explain why the vray settings dialog needs to be opened before these commands can be executed via python? Id rather not script the render settings gui to open and close as feels very messy and slow.

We were not able to reproduce the issue with a simple python script, which creates and applies a VRayFalloff node to a VRayExtraTex element. It seems to work as expected without the need to open the node prior to rendering. The second issue is also not reproducible.
    There may be something specific causing the issue. Best you send the scene along with your V-Ray and host platform versions via the contact form (or attach it here) so we can take a look. Address it to me in the subject and include a link to this thread in the message.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X