Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brdf_layered.cpp not found ?

hi,

I try to implement a material composed by multiple BRDFs and i notice that there seems a layered BRDF example. However, the "vray_brdflayered" folder only contain a .mak file in it. I think there should be a "brdf_layered.cpp" since there's a command in "vray_BRDFLayered_final.mak" that perform the compile of brdf_layered.cpp to brdf_layered.obj. Is this file missing in VRay for Maya 3.1 ?

Another question is about normalize the sum of multiple BRDFs. Does VRay API provide this functionality ? Any example related to this issue ?

Thanks.

The project is really provided, but this source file was never included in the SDK.
    V-Ray/PhoenixFD for Maya developer

Comment

About the normalization, I don't think there is a special API for this. If you want exmaple, you can see how we export VRayMtl from the VRay for Maya source code. It's in VRayForMayaExporter::exportSurfaceBRDFFromVrayMtl( ). Or just save to a vrscene.

Comment

There's no problem to get you the sources of the layered BRDF, but it's really just a wrapper around the BRDFLayered class from the V-Ray SDK. In any case, let me know if you are interested and I can post it here.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by ivaylo.ivanov View Post
          About the normalization, I don't think there is a special API for this. If you want exmaple, you can see how we export VRayMtl from the VRay for Maya source code. It's in VRayForMayaExporter::exportSurfaceBRDFFromVrayMtl( ). Or just save to a vrscene.
          hi ivaylo,

Where can i find the "VRay for Maya source code" you mentioned ? I search the "samples" and "include" folder with keywords but got nothing.

Comment

It's in the source_<revision>.rar file inside every V-Ray for Maya build you download. However it's password protected and requires NDA.

Comment

You can also check out vrmatConverter.py in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya20xx\vray\scripts folder. The "exportSurfaceBRDFFromVrayMtl" function there is a bit simplified version of the VRayMtl export.

Comment

Working...
              X