Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Include provided sample in Maya code

Hi,
    I had a look at your geomMeshLoader sample and the associated vrscenes, and see that these vrscenes contain a GeomStaticMesh entry.
    Now I tried to load the same geomMeshLoader source file from my maya compute node with the below code.
    When I render I can properly see all the spheres, but when I render to the vrscene, I can't see the GeomStaticMesh.
    Am I missing something in the below code ?

Thanks !

Code:
    static struct GeomDesc: VR::VRayPluginDesc
    {
        GeomDesc(void):VR::VRayPluginDesc(&geommeshloader_params) {}
        PluginID getPluginID(void) { return PluginID(LARGE_CONST(0x2010090301)); }
        Plugin *newPlugin(PluginHost *host) { return new GeomMeshLoader(this); }
        void deletePlugin(Plugin *obj) { delete (GeomMeshLoader*) obj; }
        bool supportsInterface(InterfaceID id) { return (id==EXT_STATIC_GEOM_SOURCE) || (id==EXT_VRAY_PLUGIN) ; }
        tchar *getName(void) { return "geomMeshLoader1"; }
        const tchar *getCopyright(void) { return "Copyright (C) 2015, Chaos Software Ltd"; }
    } geomDesc;

void myNode::createVRayPlugin(VR::VRayGeomInfo *geomInfo) // Launched from the compute function
    {
        if (!geomInfo) return;

plugman=geomInfo->getPluginManager();
        if (!plugman) return;

bool existing=false;

// Check to see if our class is already registered in the plugin manager
        // and register it if necessary
         PluginDesc *geomPluginDesc=plugman->getPluginDesc("geomMeshLoader1");
        if (!geomPluginDesc)
        {
            plugman->registerPlugin(&geomDesc);
         }
        geom=static_cast<GeomMeshLoader*>(geomInfo->newPlugin("geomMeshLoader1", existing));

if (!existing)
        {
            // The plugin did not exist before - we can do additional set up here, if necessary
        }
    }
Working...
X