Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progressive render callbacks

Hi.
    We have a custom display driver that is using RegionDoneCallback to fetch and send buckets over the network to a viewer.
    This works great for bucket rendering. But now we want to add support for progressive renders.

Is it possible to get the image buffer at some progress intervals?

Thanks in advance
    /Fredrik
    Important Looking Pirates | ILPVFX
    http://www.ilpvfx.com/

I'm not sure how you are making the connection with RegionDoneCallback, could you explain how you do it?

Regarding your question, have you tried running "vray vfbControl -saveimage <path>" ? Make sure your path is absolute though, otherwise your images may end up in the current working directory.
    There are a few different modifications of the command, you can get more info if you run "vray vfbControl".
    V-Ray for Maya dev team lead

Comment

@Misho I think the question was how to do that from a C++ plugin...

@Fredrik It is possible to get the progressive buffer, I'm looking for the details now.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

The progressive sampler will call RegionDoneCallback::updateRect() with the portion of the image that was updated. If the region size is non-zero (i.e. x1>x0 && y1>y0) then you can grab the contents of the VFB by obtaining a PixelBufferInterface from the original RegionDoneCallback.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado. That sounds what i'm after.
          I try it out and report back.

/Fredrik
          Important Looking Pirates | ILPVFX
          http://www.ilpvfx.com/

Comment

Have you overridden the regionDone method?
            If you have then it will be called for drawing regions that are 1 line tall and their width should be the same as the image you're rendering.
            The method will be called for every scan line of the image. Please don't make you code depend on the size of the region if you take this path.

These days the progressive sampler behaves almost like the bucket sampler in regards to drawing the image in the render view.
            V-Ray developer

Comment

Working...
            X