X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sample compile errors

Visual Studio 2012 Update 4
    Vray 3.52.02
    Trying to compile sample geo plugins for standalone.

Followed instructions here on project setup:
    https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VRAY3MAX/V-Ray+SDK

Removed references to missing files from solution. Ignoring deprication and dll-interface warnings

Code:
    1>E:\V-Ray\Maya 2017 for x64\include\geometryclasses.h(82): error C2664: 'VUtils::VRayUserAttributes::getAttributeValue' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'const wchar_t [19]' to 'const tchar *'
    1>          Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
    All the examples seem to share this error. Wanted to know if I'm missing something in the configuration.

Thanks!

Which plugin exactly are you trying to compile?
    V-Ray developer

Comment

Any of the examples in the geometry samples, but specifically looking to build on the vray_geommeshfile and vray_geomeshloader.

Comment

Are you sure you're not mixing files from two versions of V-Ray for Maya?
        Are you using the correct visual studio (2012 in your case) and toolset (vc110)?
        V-Ray developer

Comment

Fresh install of entire machine, 3.52.02.
          I opened and converted the vray_geometry.dsp.

Click image for larger version

Name:	platform.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	867799

When I duplicated the configuration, all I had available was 'Release' which I copied to set for version for x64. It looks like the settings were pointing to the correct include paths already. I left all the stuff for partio and what looks like a few internal paths.
          Last edited by Zach Gray; 16-05-2017, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Changing Character Set to 'Use Multi-Byte Character Set' from 'Unicode' removed the error. Maybe it's different for the standalone vs the Maya/Max sdk plugins?

Had linking errors, but was able to work around, I think.
            Last edited by Zach Gray; 16-05-2017, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Newer 3dsMax releases are unicode, everything else (maya, standalone, etc) is not as far as I know.

Good that you have made progress.
              Don't hesitate to report If you have more problems.
              V-Ray developer

Comment

Working...
              X