Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRaySceneModifierInterface & PhxShaderSimVol

hello!

I'm trying to create some volumetrics at render time.
    To do that i create PhxShaderCache, TexMayaFluid, TexMayaFluidTransformed, PhxShaderSim plugins (etc..) in VRaySceneModifierInterface:reRenderBegin.
    I noticed that PhxShaderSim plugins also need a PhxShaderSimVol "global" volume in the scene so i also create it in VRaySceneModifierInterface:reRenderBegin (with "phoenix_sim" parameter filled with PhxShaderSim plugins names).

My problem is that no volumes are rendered.
    To check if all nodes are created correctly i dump a vrscene of the modified scene by VRaySceneModifierInterface. Everything seems fine and the dumped file renders correctly (the volumes are visible).

Am i missing something? is there any method (related to PhxShaderSimVol for example) called before VRaySceneModifierInterface:reRenderBegin that i may call manually or something like that ?

Thanks in advance!

Chervin SHAFAGHI
    CG Supervisor at CGEV, Paris.

Hey,

I think this question has reached Support, but for completeness - during preRenderBegin it might be too late to create the PhxShaderSimVol plugin. This plugin is needed to that all volumetrics in the scene are collected and blended correctly during rendering. However, if you set your render mode to "Volumetric Geometry", it would not be needed, but Approximate Scattering won't work and the rendering would be significantly slower. However, this you would be able to check if everything else work correctly.

Hope this helps!
    Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Working...
    X