Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User attributes in Proxy ?

Hi,
    Sometime, when we render some armies, we create a "big" proxy of the army (for the memory and for the workflow). But when we have a proxy, we loose the user attributes to do some variation.
    It is possible to include this info in the proxy ?
    And after in the VRayMesh node, have a "list" of all user attribute in the proxy (to have the information) ?

Thanks.
    www.deex.info

Hmm. It might be possible; I will make a note to look into it.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I'd like to second this request as well. We're starting to experiment with user data & crowds here, and we almost always use a proxy workflow.

Thanks!

Comment

Obviously, the best is to set the value of the user attributes after on the VRayMesh (when we load the proxy), and not before when we create the proxy.

Like the shader list on the vraymeshmtl, have a "User attributes" list on the VRayMesh. And we can set all values.
        The name of the attributes on the VRayMesh will be the name of the shape/transform (like the name of the shader on the vraymeshmtl), type string.

I don't know if i have explained well.
        www.deex.info

Comment

It won't work; once the proxy is exported, how are you going to specify which parts of it should have one attribute and not another?

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

Hi,
            We must set the value after, not the attribute. The attribute is before the export, yes.
            I will try to explain with some images.
            We have 3 spheres with user attributes on shape :

We export all in 1 proxy.

Now we import the proxy and we have this :

Now we can set the value after the export of the proxy.
            The name of the attributes must be (there is an error on my picture example) : pSphereShape1, pSphereShape2 and pSphereShape3 (and not pSphere1 etc etc...).
            If we set an user attribute on a transform (of a group, mesh or other), we will see the attrbiutes on the VRayMesh with the name of the transform.
            www.deex.info

Comment

Hi Vlado,
              Do you know if this feature will take a lot of time to be implemented (to choose what workflow we will use) ?
              Proxy is here to save lot of memory (forest, army, etc etc). Add user attributes will be a very important feature because with this we can switch between textures on the proxy, do some color variations, etc etc...
              Thank you.
              www.deex.info

Comment

Up. We have the same problem with another production (we loose users attributes, and also object ID (but it is another problem)).
                www.deex.info

Comment

Let me know if this is urgent and we will look into it.

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

We have some workarounds (we will do some shaders variations manually), so this feature is not urgent (object ID is more urgent).
                    Thank you Vlado !
                    www.deex.info

Comment

Hi,
                      I see now we have object ID in proxy, visibility in proxy. It is very very great !
                      Any news about user attributes in proxy ?

I need for my actual production (or i must duplicate all shaders to do variation :/).

Thank you.
                      www.deex.info

Comment

Hi,
                        Any news about this ?
                        I have created a script which duplicate each shaders for each shapes, but at the end, i have more than 2000 shaders just for one asset....

Thanks.
                        www.deex.info

Comment

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if there is any workaround to make the round edge attribute work on proxies.

I tried to apply before and after creating the proxy, and It just don't work. i have seen an other topic speaking about that not working, but it was 2 years ago.

Is there any trick I could use ?

Comment

No tricks, I'm afraid; it still doesn't work (other than actually rounding the geometry before exporting, of course).

Best regards,
                            Vlado

Comment

Bump. Any news on the implementation of user attributes in proxies? Being able to affect shader parameters per object is highly useful, but a lot less so when we can't use it for complex models that need to be rendered as proxies.

Comment

Working...
                              X