No announcement yet.

User attributes in Proxy ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty please? We could really use this for our current show.

Comment

Hi,

We've added the ability to store the user attributes assigned to the objects/shapes in the proxy,
      during the creation of the proxy. To test this feature, just assign some user attributes to your object
      and export them as proxy, the user attributes must be exported automatically. You can check if
      the export process have created the correct proxy using the command "ply2vrmesh -info myproxy.vrmesh"
      It should print the user attributes string for every voxel in the proxy.
      Please test and report if it works correctly.

In the future we will make it possible to edit the user attributes for each object that you've
      stored in the proxy, but this is not currently available.

/Teodor
      V-Ray developer

Comment

Originally posted by t.petrov View Post
        Hi,

We've added the ability to store the user attributes assigned to the objects/shapes in the proxy,
        during the creation of the proxy. To test this feature, just assign some user attributes to your object
        and export them as proxy, the user attributes must be exported automatically. You can check if
        the export process have created the correct proxy using the command "ply2vrmesh -info myproxy.vrmesh"
        It should print the user attributes string for every voxel in the proxy.
        Please test and report if it works correctly.

In the future we will make it possible to edit the user attributes for each object that you've
        stored in the proxy, but this is not currently available.

/Teodor
        Hi Teodor,
        This is a very good news !
        I will test when i have time !
        www.deex.info

Comment

Awesome, I just did a quick test and it seems to work fine. Will test in on a production scene later.

*edit* Converted one of our existing scenes. About 22.000 objects, 5 million polygons and thousands of objects with custom vray user attributes. Everything looks like it should. *edit*

Thanks!
          Last edited by Dan Andersen; 22-11-2012, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Does this also work for manually added transform attributes? Like this: vrayUserScalar_myattribute.
            Here it is not working wit proxies, really need this for shader variations and animated variations

Comment

Can you post some simple Maya scene that we can use to test?

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Here a test scene with animated vrayUserScalar_opacity on every object transform.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X