"What's New" tags on Vray docs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "What's New" tags on Vray docs

Each version of Vray always has lots of great new features. These are outlined in the helpful videos made by Chaos, but in addition to this it would be really helpful if the online docs also had a section listing "what's new in version 3.6" so we could browse these new parts of the manual easily, without having to re-read everything and notice that perhaps paragraph seven on the page for the VrayMtl has changed etc. which is understandably quite difficult.

A good model of this is the Autodesk manuals which have
    (1) a "what's new" section and TOC which allows a user to see all the new features and jump to the parts of the manual that describe them.
    (2) a "new in version 3.6" tag (for example) over the parts of manpages where there is an added feature in order to hightlight that part as new

That's a good point. We'll try and do something about it Thanks for the tip.
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Like the suggestion! Please consider implementing that.
      always curious...

Comment

https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...w+in+V-Ray+3.6
        How does this look to you? Yes, it's for max, and we just finished it up. If it's what you've expected, we'll build such pages for maya and the rest of the products.
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        www.chaos.com

Comment

Looks great. I am down with that. Great that most of the major features got a video demo but I am also OK if there is only description of what the new features are and a link of each feature to its doc page for details.
          always curious...

Comment

Alex, Looks great!

Comment

We just finished one for Maya, here's a link: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...w+in+V-Ray+3.6
              Alex Yolov
              Product Manager
              www.chaos.com

Comment

Thanks for the update yolov. Like the layout and those demo videos. Glad there is a download option for the video demos. Playback directly on the doc site from where I am (West coast U.S.) is not smooth at all...
                always curious...

Comment

These are great. I'd suggest that it might be helpful to also include mention of any new tutorials as wel as updates to existing tutorials here too.

Comment

Originally posted by sharktacos View Post
                    These are great. I'd suggest that it might be helpful to also include mention of any new tutorials as wel as updates to existing tutorials here too.
                    Good point, will keep that in mind. We are actually working on some new tutorials and some updates on old ones. Will add mentions to the what's new page once something gets published.
                    Alex Yolov
                    Product Manager
                    www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                    X