VRay standalone denoiser output folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay standalone denoiser output folder

We are using the standalone denoiser very heavily for our animations lately and have it setup to run automatically when the render job finishes on our farm. Unless I'm missing it, there doesn't seem to be an option for an output folder/file. That would be really nice to have! Currently we have to move all the files after they are done and rename them and it would be much simpler to have this done automatically via "-outputfile".

It's on the "to do" list.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Awesome! While we're on the Denoiser subject, is there any way to get the alpha channel preserved from the original image?

Comment

I saw in another thread that the VRay-next beta for Max standalone denoiser has the ability to retain the alpha channel. We're coming upon time to do a final render of around 39,000 frames in Maya. I have setup some OpenImage IO command to take the alpha from the original image, but it adds a lot of extra work to our comp stage... I was wondering If I could use the max standalone denoiser with my images from Maya without any issues? I would assume so but just wanted to check. Also are there any gotchas I should be aware of? stability, etc. We are counting on the denoiser to get us through this project and simplifying all this would help tremendously.

Thanks

oh yeah, I didn't think about the license. Does the denoiser pull a license? We only have Maya licenses.
        Last edited by smbell; 17-05-2018, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Yes, you can use the max standalone denoiser with Maya images. Essentially, the standalone tools are the same across all products.
          Alex Yolov
          Product Manager
          V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
          www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
          X