Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray falloff curves

Hi,

I'm guessing that getting Bezier curves into the falloff map is off the radar unfortunately, so would it be possible to have an option to copy the mix curve shape etc to all the R G B channels, so i dont have to alter them individually when initially setting the curve up?

But really what i want is a bit of maya love and some Beziers as well

thanks
    e: info@adriandenne.com
    w: www.adriandenne.com

Not at all - an improved V-Ray Falloff map with Phoenix FD-style curve controls (with bezier handles) is currently on our to-do list.
    I'll still log a feature request for the copy-paste option, though. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Miroslav Ivanov
    Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by miroslav.ivanov View Post
      Not at all - an improved V-Ray Falloff map with Phoenix FD-style curve controls (with bezier handles) is currently on our to-do list.
      I'll still log a feature request for the copy-paste option, though. Thanks for the suggestion.
      So great to hear that this feature (Phoenix FD-style curve with bezier handles) is still on the to-do list... Made my day!
      always curious...

Comment

thats awesome, thanks

Comment

Is this something that we'll be able to use like the remapValue node in Maya? If not, could it be implemented in a separate node like that, a VRayRemap? Something very simple that just has an input value, an output value, and a bezier curve to map one to the other, that would be a great tool for lookdev. Almost everything I do lookdev-wise in Maya revolves around the remap nodes, so having a host application agnostic version that has bezier curves would be amazing.
          Last edited by dgruwier; 19-01-2018, 04:22 AM.
          __
          https://surfaceimperfections.com/

Comment

yeah i second that. i doubt autodesk will ever sort their default curves out either so having a separate node would be awesome, chaosgroup to the rescue

Comment

Working...
            X