V-Ray Next for Modo, BETA is ready for you to test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Next for Modo, BETA is ready for you to test

Please register for the beta at the following link : https://www.chaosgroup.com/beta_form...8wjs2sjsuq5dvo

Edit:
    you must register in order to get V-Ray Next for Modo Beta licenses in your account. Otherwise you will get error -197 when you try to run it.

Some of the highlights are:
    • ADAPTIVE DOME LIGHT - Faster, cleaner and more accurate image-based environment lighting based on V-Ray Scene Intelligence.The new Adaptive Dome Light also removes the need to set up Portal lights for interiors.
    • 2X FASTER GPU RENDERING - Fast new GPU rendering architecture that now supports more high-end production features.
    • GPU VOLUME RENDERING - V-Ray GPU now supports blazing fast rendering of volumetric effects like smoke, fire and fog.
    • GPU DISPERSION - Now available in V-Ray GPU, render highly accurate light refractions that split into their component colors.
    • GPU VRscans - VRscans are now compatible with V-Ray GPU for increased performance and flexibility.
    • DENOISED RENDER ELEMENTS - Denoise individual render elements for added control in compositing. Denoised elements seamlessly recompose into a denoised beauty pass.
    • PHYSICAL HAIR MATERIAL - Render more realistic-looking hair with accurate highlights and new glint and glitter controls.
    • METALNESS - The V-Ray Material adds support for PBR shaders with new Metalness reflection controls.
    • TOON SHADER - Easily create non-photorealistic, cartoon and cel-shading effects. Now with new options for advanced line control.
    • NEW LENS EFFECTS - New glare and bloom lens effects have been fully redesigned to be faster and more accurate.
    • ROLLING SHUTTER - Emulate the warped motion blur effects common in digital video and cell phone cameras.
    • ENHANCED COLOR CORRECTIONS - VFB color corrections (incl. Background and LUT) can be saved with the final render as raw .vrimg or OpenEXR files. LUT strength can also be controlled.

Please have in mind that this build is the initial build we are providing for testing.
    Based on your feedback we will be introducing improvements and regularly uploading new builds for testing in our nightlies section

Edit:
    After registering you might have to log off and then log back on in order to see the builds in the nightly section.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Last edited by vladimir.nedev; 02-04-2019, 08:36 AM.
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

You can use our dedicated forum section to report issues during the beta period : https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...-for-modo-beta

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Congrats for the (beta) release

Already downloaded and installed on Modo 13, everything works as expected so far.

Is there any defined timeframe for the beta period ?

Edit : BTW have you guys planned to make Modo a new member of the CG family ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	modo.PNG
Views:	275
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	1031382
      Last edited by John_Do; 29-03-2019, 07:19 AM.

Comment

The licenses expire on 2019-04-30 . It's mentioned in the confirmation e-mail that you get.
        Hopefully we will make the official release by then.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Originally posted by John_Do View Post
          Edit : BTW have you guys planned to make Modo a new member of the CG family ?
          Click image for larger version

Name:	modo.PNG
Views:	275
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	1031382
          It's a bug, we will fix it.

By the way, if you want to run 4.x and 3.x side by side, you can use this method provided by Funk:
          https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...le-and-nightly

Greetings,
          Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Ha, I hadn't paid attention to the license expiration date. Quick beta so I guess it's already pretty functional.

There is a new "Render with Chaos Cloud..." function in the V-Ray menu, is it working right now ?

Thanks for the tip, could be useful.

Comment

There is a new "Render with Chaos Cloud..." function in the V-Ray menu, is it working right now ?
              That was there actually in the 3.6 builds as well, it was just called "V-Ray Cloud" before.

I don't think it will work correctly in the beta.

Greetings,
              Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Congrats on getting this out vladimir.nedev and the rest of the Chaosgroup team.

Thank you
                Win10 Pro 64 / AMD Ryzen 9 5950X / 128GB / RTX 3090 + 1080 Ti / MODO
                I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live - Jesus Christ

Comment

Thank you! Will try it out this weekend.

Comment

So Next is finally coming, fantastic news!
                    But what about the long awaited missing features in Modo?
                    Like Vertex Color map support.
                    Or like support multi uv-mapping with normal maps?
                    etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                      So Next is finally coming, fantastic news!
                      But what about the long awaited missing features in Modo?
                      Like Vertex Color map support.
                      Or like support multi uv-mapping with normal maps?
                      etc.
                      These won't be in this release.

Greetings,
                      Vladimir Nedev

Comment

V-Ray Next for Modo! Congrats and looking forward to final release.

Comment

I cannot get it to work. I am on Modo 12.2.1 and I uninstalled VRay 3.6 > installed the Next Beta, but when I try to click on any Vray function, I get a licensing error (197). What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by AbnRanger View Post
                            I cannot get it to work. I am on Modo 12.2.1 and I uninstalled VRay 3.6 > installed the Next Beta, but when I try to click on any Vray function, I get a licensing error (197). What am I doing wrong?
                            Did you register on the link I provided in the original post ?
                            https://www.chaosgroup.com/beta_form...8wjs2sjsuq5dvo

The registration process will give you the V-Ray Next Beta licenses.

Greetings,
                            Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Everytime I click on that link it tells me I am already registered.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X