Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any plans of a Linux build?

Hi everyone,

Checking among the Modo downloads I realized there are only Windows/Mac builds. Does the dev team have any plans of compiling a Linux version of V-Ray 3.5-3.6 for Modo? I reinstalled Ubuntu today and Vray-Blender runs nicely (so does Modo). It would be great to have Linux builds.

Anychances? (fingers crossed )

regards,
    Alvaro Celis
    Windows 10 Pro, 2x GTX 1070, AMD Ryzen7 1800X, 32 GB DDR4 Ram, V-Ray Standalone/Blender, V-Ray 3 for Sketchup, V-Ray 3 for Modo

We do have it on the todo list, but not sure when it can happen.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Thank you Vlad. Looking forward to it. . Remember that Christmas is just around the corner!
      Windows 10 Pro, 2x GTX 1070, AMD Ryzen7 1800X, 32 GB DDR4 Ram, V-Ray Standalone/Blender, V-Ray 3 for Sketchup, V-Ray 3 for Modo

Comment

+1 for the Linux build. Vray would be a good choice for my needs, but the lack of Linux version makes me still search for the solution ...
        That being said - great to hear it is on roadmap. Looking forward to it.

Comment

+1, I wanted to try Blender on Linux but the V-Ray version on this one lacks of a functionnal V-Ray RT. No way I could work without RT nowadays.

Modo is already available on Linux, would be great to have the best render engine too

Thanks !

Comment

+1, well after 1 week to tried to install vrayblender on a linux distro 16.04 ... nothing.
            afecelis what is your version of ubuntu?

But for compile a distro with the multi tool CG it's realy easy for me. I can to contribute Vlad

Comment

I purchased Redshift recently to move rendering MODO scenes to Houdini because I can not use vray for Modo on Ubuntu. Is it because small user base on Linux or MODO SDK?
              - H -

Comment

Hi I do have VRay for Modo but apparently there is only a Windows version. When are you releasing a Linux version of it?

Comment

Hi I do have VRay for Modo but apparently there is only a Windows version.
                  There is a macOS version too.

Greetings,
                  Vladimir Nedev
                  Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

But if you want to utilize GPU more than OSX is not really great solution ...
                    - H -

Comment

Originally posted by julos77 View Post
                      +1, well after 1 week to tried to install vrayblender on a linux distro 16.04 ... nothing.
                      afecelis what is your version of ubuntu?

But for compile a distro with the multi tool CG it's realy easy for me. I can to contribute Vlad
                      I'm using Elementary OS 4.1 which is based on Ubuntu 16.04LTS

Comment

+1 V-Ray for Modo Linux version. Any news about this?

Comment

We do not have immediate plans for a Linux version unfortunately. For batch rendering, you can export .vrscene files and render with V-Ray standalone on Linux.

Best regards,
                          Vlado
                          ​​​​​
                          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                            We do not have immediate plans for a Linux version unfortunately. For batch rendering, you can export .vrscene files and render with V-Ray standalone on Linux.

Best regards,
                            Vlado
                            ​​​​​
                            How compatible is the LINUX Standalone with .vrscene-files written out by MODO?
                            Volker Troy

www.pixelwerk.at

+43 (0) 664 / 3 820 810
                            Radetzkystrasse 102 a
                            A-6845 Hohenems
                            Austria

Comment

Hey,

You can check the screenshot of today tests/ CentoOS -> vrscene file is exported from V-Ray for Modo 3.6 and was rendered with today's Standalone build. I hope this explains itself.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-08-13 12-30-26.png
Views:	178
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	1045411

Cheers,
                              Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
                              E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                              X