Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vrscene reference doesn't found textures in DR rendering when combine OS X and Windows for render slaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vrscene reference doesn't found textures in DR rendering when combine OS X and Windows for render slaves

I have several .vrscene files exported from modo, then I create a vrscene reference loader inside a new scene, when I render that file locally it render just fine, but when I try to render using Distributed rendering It fails to load the textures on de Nodes that uses windows, the master scene is launched from modo on OS X, and the DR nodes uses a mix of windows 7 and windows 8.1, I'm not sure if is a OS related because when I render the same scene using vray proxies instead, it render ok, and when I use normal modo references it renders OK too across the DR nodes, so I think is just an issue with the vrscene reference that doesn't share the textures across different OS.

Hey, Juan,

Thank you for the feedback. Why do you need to export vrscene file from Modo and next to import it as vrscene reference as host app is Modo?
    Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
    E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Hi Boyan!

Is not a need, I can work with other options inside modo like deferred meshes, or modo proxies, I just asking why this happen to understand better the workflow in vray for modo, since you can import a vrscene into modo you can export vrscenes from other packages and make the scene assembly in modo, I don't know just experimenting and trying to figure out how is the best way to combine really heavy scenes between modo and vray. I found that in my particular scene having everything in modo as a raw file is extremely heavy more than 100 million raw polys, I have 7 characters with hair extremely detailed with displacement and large textures on top a heavy scene with lots of props and the only way that the scene gets memory optimised is exporting everything as vrscene and vrmesh, without doing it the scene consume 40GB of ram and after converting everything to vray is just 20 GB so it's a big improve in memory.

Comment

Hey,Juan

Well, you can use V-Ray proxy instead of modo's default proxy or deferred mesh. It is better than Modo's Instances.

Cheers,
        Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
        E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Well that is something I have in the scene but since modo can't create an alembic cache of the fur the only way that I'm able to cache the fur is via vrscene, so maybe I'm wrong but for hair and fur generated from modo the only way that I know (and I'm still experimenting) is to create a fur cache using a vrscene for each character, If you have any idea on how to export the fur from modo that would be great!!!

Thanks Boyan!

Comment

Can’t you switch to the vray fur geometry item? I thinks it’s called fur or maybe hair. Seems to work well, although I just tried as grass.

Comment

I didn't try vray fur yet but from what I read is not food for hair style, is most used for grass or short fur

Comment

Working...
              X