Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 5 for MODO

Hi Chaos Group.

I would like to know the status of V-Ray 5 for MODO.

I accept both good and sad information.

Thanks!

This is taking far too long. I think VRay is good if you use Maya or 3DS Max but anything else and you are definitely a second class customer. I realise that the subs for Modo are a bit less but when delays like this are taken from an annual subscription it is less than acceptable. I have already lost the use of my perpetual licenses for C4D and would like to 'upgrade' to the collection subscription but it won't happen until the gap between top-tier and second-tier customers narrows significantly. Octane is a far better and cheaper choice in this respect.

Comment

Its a GPU vs CPU question. Even last Corona update was very poor. I think CC is now fully trying to get into GPU market, but its getting harder. CC always had the problem of being to late on there products. Phönix, etc. vame years to late and competition went on. They did well with Modo and now tottally fail. They focus on C4D to late and lost lot users. And so on.
      CC has superbe developers, but not a good and wise lead. But yeah its ease to write. My guess is, they will wake up.. who knows then when

Comment

Last edited by Pudson; 30-05-2021, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X