V-Ray 3.70.01 for Nuke available for download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 3.70.01 for Nuke available for download

A new service pack - V-Ray 3.70 for Nuke is available as a free update for V-Ray for Nuke customers.

You can download it from the Nuke download section at chaosgroup.com
    and check out the documentation.

Top highlights:
    • Support for Nuke 11.1
    • Progressive rendering - help you fine-tune the look of your renders faster than ever. As you make adjustments to your scene, your rendering will update automatically, taking full advantage of your hardware ? including GPU-acceleration. (https://youtu.be/XvrbFxWiDYg)
    • New hair workflows - for the first time, render complete 3D creatures and characters directly in Nuke. Import hair geometry using V-Ray proxy objects, and assign V-Ray Hair material for optimized shading. For even more control, use the new V-Ray Hair Sampler node with the V-Ray Ramp texture to add randomization and color variation (https://youtu.be/vsF2kiLtb-Y)
    • Light link support - render scenes more efficiently and quickly by creating light sets to control the relationship between lights and objects in complex scenes using the new V-Ray Light Linker node.

This new version is officially available for Nuke10.0 / 10.5 / 11.0 and 11.1, for both Windows and Linux operating systems.

Here is the full changelog :

New features:
    (*) Support for Nuke 11.1
    (*) VRayRenderer: Support progressive/interactive rendering on CPU and GPU
    (*) VRayLightLinker: Support for light linking
    (*) VRayTexRamp: Support for multipoint ramp texture
    (*) VRayMtlHair: Support for hair shader
    (*) VRayHairSampler: Support for hair sampler
    (*) VRayCamera: Support for dome camera

Modified features:
    (*) VRayProxy: Add flip axis option
    (*) VRayVRScene: Add support for global material override
    (*) VRayVRScene: Add support for override snippet
    (*) VRayRenderElement: Add possibility to customize Nuke layer name on VRayRenderElement node creation
    (*) VRayProxy: Improve hair support with full viewport preview and per-object/per-id scenegraph
    (*) VRayTranslator: Automatically reuse the region of interest of the active viewer if enabled
    (*) VRaySunSky : Add filter color control for aerial perspective
    (*) VRayRenderer: Add console and file log verbosity control

Bug fixes:
    (*) VRayCryptomatte: Fix rare cases of unidentified selected matte object in Cryptomatte plugin despite being available in the manifest string
    (*) VRayProxy: Reloading a new proxy file does not update the viewport preview
    (*) Animated parameters are not properly exported with single frame export
    (*) Incorrect frame exported on animated parameter when mblur is enabled
    (*) Unwanted keyframe is created for animated knobs when linked or when modifying knob animation curve
    (*) Missing light select render element with modified VRayCamera when rendering through command line
    (*) Incorrect diffuse shading of textures with alpha channel used directly as geometry material
    (*) Command line rendering of animated sequence with scene using LightSelect crashes after 1st frame

Happy rendering and feel free to let us know your feedback !
    Last edited by Christophe.Cot; 25-04-2018, 02:52 AM.
    Christophe COT
    Software Developer - Chaos
    christophe.cot@chaos.com

progressive rendering doesn't seem to work very well for me (Centos 7, GTX 1080ti). The shadows look radically different.
    Is that to be expected?

Comment

The render engine behind the scanline and progressive mode are different so there can be some minor differences but clearly not to that extent.
      That looks to me more like a problem with the light sampling.
      Is that progressive CPU or GPU ?
      I assume this is a VRay dome lightning, right ?
      Have you any material here or the geo inputs are left unconnected ?
      Christophe COT
      christophe.cot@chaos.com

Comment

Hi Christophe,
        Yes, it's a dome light without any materials involved. The image on the left is progressive GPU, the right image is progressive CPU.
        everything else was left at default (which is why I dind't bother attaching the nuke script).

Cheers,
        frank

Comment

Hi Frank,
          There is a 99% chance that in you have in the vraynuke log an error message along the lines "Error loading plugin library" for the librt_cuda (or librt_opencl but I doubt you use it if you have an NVidia hardware).
          If that's the case, then it means the GPU library cannot be found and V-Ray use a fallback render engine which seems to be different than the known V-Ray renderer.
          The reason why it does not load may differ, it may be because simply it is missing for some reasons, or because a dependency cannot be found.
          On my VM, I was having similar problem running Progressive OpenCL because my system was missing libOpenCL.so.

So first check out the log file to confirm the above, and if so the log will show you from where it tries to load the library and potentially give a hint on why it fails to load.
          Send me directly an email afterwards to finalize this.

Chris

p.s. btw, I hope you noticed in the change log the VRayDomeCamera integration in the VRayCamera node... no need for python post-translate anymore, you have directly a "Treat as VRay Dome Camera" checkbox in Basic Setting tab
          Christophe COT
          christophe.cot@chaos.com

Comment

ah, yes, indeed, email coming with the error.
            I hope you noticed in the change log the VRayDomeCamera integration
            NICE!! We just finished our third planetarium show but I'm sure there will be more in the future, woopwoop...

Comment

Working...
            X