Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More VRayTranslator issues - wondering how prevalent it all is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More VRayTranslator issues - wondering how prevalent it all is?

I noticed Franks post about exporting vrscenes and it's something i've always had problems with

One is the general odd support for various things (for example in my scene it looks like if i have motion blur on then no animation for light intensity is exported, turn that off and then i see intensity written out - i can see in comparison vrscenes). This for the most part can be troubleshot, as frustrating as it is.

Yes, support has all of this.

My main issue is just constant crashing when trying to write out the files. The crash is normally "Unable to write to file, empty vrscene in parallel thread" and Nuke will just full crash out. It's not always consistent.

I have tried so many ways to wire up the VRayTranslator node, i don't think the text field always updates correctly, or is read correctly. I see crashing when trying to redirect a VolumeGrid node to a new version of a sequence of VDBs

Also i am GPU rendering but find that progressive GPU is more stable than scanline GPU by a long shot - this also includes writing out vrscene files too. I can write out a 300 frame sequence with progressive but the exact same in scanline will just randomly crash after 50 or so frames.

So my wide questions (as this forum isn't heavily trafficed) are:

- Do others have this crash when writing out? Is it limited to my setup?
    - Is there any way of overriding the renderer used. If i write out a Progressive GPU can i change that to Scanline via the command line?

Cheers
    Paul

Hi Paul,

Sorry for replying late, we had a long Easter break here.
    To answer immediately your 2 questions :

1) Do others have this crash when writing out? Is it limited to my setup?
    I have myself not received any report regarding similar issues with the VRayTranslator. If there is, I would be glad to look into them and fix if there is something to be fixed.

2) Is there any way of overriding the renderer used. If i write out a Progressive GPU can i change that to Scanline via the command line?
    You could do it by executing a python script which would setup the renderer as you want by setting the "rendering_type" knob to whatever value (I think 0 will be scanline) is required prior "executing" the VRayTranslator node.

For any other issues, please feel free to contact me directly at christophe.cot@chaosgroup.com to share more detailed information so that I can look into whatever issue you might face.
    Kind regards,
    Christophe COT
    Software Developer - Chaos
    christophe.cot@chaos.com

Comment

Working...
    X