Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramp as ExtraTex input causes faulty renders

This seems similar to the light select bug Chris fixed a few days ago:
    When I use a Ramp node as input for a "ExtraTex" render element I get black renders when I try to render CryptoMatte as well and and execute more than one Write node.
    Sometimes it works when I render the entire script rather than selected nodes but it always fails when I try to render the attached script with this command line:
    "/usr/local/Nuke10.5v5/Nuke10.5" -V 2 -X "Write_LAKE,Write_LAKECRYPTO" -x vray_extratex_bug.nk 1-10

My workaround is to pre-render the Ramp node to exr and use that as the input for the ExtraTex node.

Cheers,
    frank
    Attached Files

Hi Frank,

Just a quick note on this one : whatever the problem is, it only affects the 3.60 based version.
    Currently we are preparing the release for the 3.62 version and this works fine in this version. It also works fine with the current nightly version.
    There are many differences between those versions, including some of your recent feedback, so for the moment I would prefer to concentrate on getting the 3.62 version released.
    Once this done, I can always look at porting back whatever is required on the 3.60 branch but I think that will not be necessary once you see the coming release

Chris
    Christophe COT
    Software Developer - Chaos
    christophe.cot@chaos.com

Comment

No worries at all, pre-rendering a still frame is no trouble so don't let this distract you.
      Looking forward to the new version, sounds juicy

Comment

Working...
      X