Revit freezes at startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revit freezes at startup

As of yesterday, I can't get Revit to open/launch. If I uninstall vray, it starts just fine. I tested this by uninstalling Vray, repair-installing Revit, and it worked. I then re-installed Vray and it was working yesterday, but now I get the same screen (attached) that I started getting yesterday and it just won't open.

Any advice?

For reference, I just uninstalled Vray, did nothing to Revit, and then started Revit up and it works fine.

Comment

Just re-installed Vray and it won't start up. This makes me assume it's a Vray problem and not a Revit problem, but I'm open to trying whatever!

Comment

Hi LTA,

This should resolve the problem you have:
        1. Close Revit
        2. Go to the following folder on your computer: C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Chaos Group\V-Ray for Revit 20**, where 20** is your Revit version. Have in mind that AppData usually is hidden so you will need to unhide it.
        3. Open the file named VRay4Revit.ini (to open it, use Notepad)
        4. At the bottom of the page you will see "[Vfb]State=....."
        5. Delete the entire row. Save the file and run Revit.

Cheers,
        Ana
        Ana Lyubenova
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Revit
        www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi Ana,

I ended up uninstalling Vray and erasing EVERY folder/file associated with it. I then did a fresh install and it is now working. The previous times I uninstalled I didn't also go through and erase ALL folders/files.

I did just open the Vray4Revit.ini file created with the fresh install and there wasn't a "[Vfb]State=....." line so perhaps erasing EVERYTHING fixed the issue and this line hasn't been created?

Thank you for getting back to me as if this comes up again, I'll be able to try this solution!

Thanks again,

Logan

Comment

Sure! If you hit this issue again, simply erase that row from the .ini file.
            Ana Lyubenova
            Product Manager
            V-Ray for Revit
            www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
            X