Render Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render Engine

Can someone do a better job of explaining the difference between these two, CPU/GPU, than the help docs did? When I try to use the GPU engine, because we have a high end card, it takes forever then ultimately crashes.

Hi Kraig,

These are 2 different render engines. One is based on the CPU, the other one on the GPU. As a user, you have the ability to select which one of them to use for rendering depending on your own hardware.
    Please, let us know the exact model of your GPU as well as details about the crash. With regards to any crashes, I strongly recommend you to send us messages at support@chaosgroup.com
    I will expect your crash details there, simply point my name under subject.

Best,
    Ana
    Ana Lyubenova
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Revit
    www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

That's the thing, there are no details about the 'crash'. At the end of the "Compiling Geometry" phase, Revit just closes. No windows, no prompts, it just closes. My GPU is a Quadro P4000.

Comment

Probably there is something in the project. Can you send it along with all V-Ray assets so that we can test it and debug it here?
        Ana Lyubenova
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Revit
        www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

I'm working on getting all the files together, I did get it to spit out an error after setting it to the lowest settings.

EDIT: The error only occurs when I turn on the V-Ray Fur function. I use the fur for grass.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Kraig_Cline; 17-05-2018, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Is your driver up to date? Download the latest one from nvidia's official website.
            Ana Lyubenova
            Product Manager
            V-Ray for Revit
            www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
            X