Save button without closing project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save button without closing project

At the moment the only way I have found to save vray data is to close the revit project and then a prompt asks if I'd like to save; sometimes it doesn't even show up and then I lose everything. Also when revit crashes, I lose everything.

Hi mfrazierVCBO ,

The V-Ray settings are saved every time you save the Revit project. You don't need to close the project in order to see the dialog that asks you to save the settings. It actually won't appear at all in case you have already saved the Revit project and haven't changed any of the V-Ray settings after that.
    Ana Lyubenova
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Revit
    www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Does it save when you sync with the central model (and have the check box that saves local at the same time). I rarely actually save my project.

Comment

The settings are saved only to the local copy of the project and not to the central file when you sync.
        Ana Lyubenova
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Revit
        www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi mfrazierVCBO ,

The settings behavior has been improved in V-Ray Next for Revit. We now save all settings within the Revit project file, and make it possible for users to transfer their V-Ray settings over a central file.
          If you are interested, you can give it a try. Here is a link to the trial.

Best,
          Ana
          Ana Lyubenova
          Product Manager
          V-Ray for Revit
          www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
          X