V-Ray Scene Materials List Not Showing Materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Scene Materials List Not Showing Materials

Hello, all was well, and now its not. I assume a windows update which was forced upon me is to blame, but sadly I'd still like to use vray so what can I do to get this running again? I've tried an uninstall/reinstall to no avail. Windows 10 -1709.

I can type render and render, my license appears valid for the machine and all of that good stuff. I just cant load materials even through the command line options. Can't drag and drop a material, load from 3dm or create new. I get a blank list.

as you can see neither the scene materials list or visopt main list will load anything. Help!

Hello,

Please navigate to the following folder:

%appdata%\Chaos Group\V-Ray 3.4 for Rhinoceros 5\cache

There should be a file named neui-cache.json - please create a backup copy for that file in some other folder and then delete it. Then restart Rhino - the file should be recreated with default settings. Check, if that solves the problem and if it does, please send me the backup copy, so we can review it.
    Ivaylo Marinov

QA Engineer Chaos Cloud

Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by IvayloMarinov View Post
      Hello,

Please navigate to the following folder:

%appdata%\Chaos Group\V-Ray 3.4 for Rhinoceros 5\cache

There should be a file named neui-cache.json - please create a backup copy for that file in some other folder and then delete it. Then restart Rhino - the file should be recreated with default settings. Check, if that solves the problem and if it does, please send me the backup copy, so we can review it.

Hi Ivaylo,

Sadly this has not solved the problem. Please see the attached screen shot.

I added 3D Print Green to the Material List. The list is blank, but the detailed options panel loads the material properties.

Here are the contents of the nuei-cache.json file.
      {"drManagerState":{"hosts":{},"mode":1}}

EDIT!

After 2 Rhino restarts it has started working again. So it appears that it did solve the problem, just maybe not immediately?

Thank you!
      Last edited by Travis Serio_cg; 23-01-2018, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the information, I am glad that the problem is solved.

Please let us know, if the problem occurs again, especially if it is with the upcoming 3.6 update.
        Ivaylo Marinov

QA Engineer Chaos Cloud

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
        X