• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• texture mapping with vray 3.6

Hi
    I'm working with vray 3.6

I have a problem with texture mapping.
    when I change size, in the preview window, the texture does not repeat itself, but it lengthens and deforms. (see attachment 1)
    in the previous version I did not have this.
    can you tell me how to solve this?
    thank you so much.

Please FIX it as soon as possible, i can't work with this....

Comment

Also seen here.
      www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

I am also experiencing the same issue. Impossible to tile textures in this latest release. If I switch to Rhino material texturing in viewport works as expected. The material does render correctly.

Comment

Hi guys,

Unfortunately there is a problem with view-port texture representation in V-Ray 3.6 that we've missed.
          It was caused by our attempt to support V-Ray U/V tiling in the Rhino viewport.
          It will not affect rendering in any way so it's still safe to setup, render and save your scenes.

In case you want to manipulate a map and see it in the view-port with 3.6 you can do the following as a workaround:
          > Disable the 'plug-in' checkbox for the material of interest
          > Change a random property of the rhino material parameters (it doesn't have to affect the shader). This is done to make Rhino refresh the view-port map
          > The texture should go back to normal at that point

Thank you all for pointing this out and excuse us for the inconvenience.
          We'll do our best to fix it as soon as possible.

Regards,
          Konstantin

Comment

Hello,
            i have the same problem with old scene (V-Ray 3.4) opened after upgrade to 3.6...

Comment

Hello, how looks like with solution this bug?

Comment

It's fixed in the nightly build, luckily... and it now works very nicely with tiled textures... so hang on guys, hopefully an official release is coming soon!?

Comment

Working...
                X