Environment settings doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Environment settings doesn't work

I opened one of my current projects - a tram exterior. I don't get control over the environment settings. So, simplified the scene.

From where comes the white GI light?
    Why the blue enabled GI light doesn't show an effect at the second test?
    And why there is no disable flag option for the background anymore?

And please repair the preview of the environment textures.

I would prefer to see all environments in one menu, without sub menus, like in this old request.
    https://forums.chaosgroup.com/fileda...0&d=1498843849

I afraid there are to much clicks needed to get success to the needed options. Sub menus of sub menus could be avoided so much a possible.
    Last edited by Micha; 28-01-2018, 06:25 AM.
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Hi Micha,

What you've experienced there is really strange.
    I did the same exact test and everything seems to work as expected:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Env_01.PNG
Views:	853
Size:	294.4 KB
ID:	981832

Can you save and share you test project so that we can test it on our side?

In the meantime you can test the following:
    > See if there is no Dome light in the scene. It'll overwrite the environment settings
    > Make sure that the 'visRhinoEnvironmentSync' state of the command is 'Disabled'. This command was implemented to establish a link between V-Ray and the HDR Light studio plugin and should be disabled in any other case.

Regards,
    Konstantin

Comment

Hi Konstantin,

I found the problem as I tried to render a current project and there was now way to change the GI env intensity. There is no dome light in the scene. I tried to upload the scene here, but only images are accept. Should I send the simplified test scene to the support email?

Is there a way to reset the Vray options of a scene?

(I'm back to VfR2 and can't test VfR3 anymore. To much work must be done this days.)

Comment

Example file sent per email -> ticket number 101-425-642

Comment

Hi Micha,

We'll check out the scene.
          In the meantime here's how you reset scene settings to their defaults:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Reset_to_defaults_01.jpg
Views:	835
Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	982023

Regards,
          Konstantin

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Hi Micha,

I've tested your scene and found the issue.
              As I mentioned in a previous post there is a visRhinoEnvironmentSync command used for syncing V-Ray and HDR Light Studio.
              > Make sure that the 'visRhinoEnvironmentSync' state of the command is 'Disabled'. This command was implemented to establish a link between V-Ray and the HDR Light studio plugin and should be disabled in any other case.
              It seems that you have set up a Rhino environment and had the option enabled.
              There is no way for you to indicate that in the project but V-Ray was using the Rhino env map instead of the environment color from the Asset Editor.

The fix is simple:
              > write the command visRhinoEnvironmentSync
              > choose the option Disable

Regards,
              Konstantin

Comment

Strange, I don't used the Rhino environment. The file is from a project that was used over years, maybe I tested something in the past ... . So, it could be useful, if environment options are not active, that there is a sign that show this state. Or best, there is a flag option for enabling/disabling the link. So, the pitfall could be avoided.

Thank you,
                Micha

Comment

Originally posted by Micha View Post
                  Strange, I don't used the Rhino environment. The file is from a project that was used over years, maybe I tested something in the past ... . So, it could be useful, if environment options are not active, that there is a sign that show this state. Or best, there is a flag option for enabling/disabling the link. So, the pitfall could be avoided.

Thank you,
                  Micha
                  This is just a legacy option that will be removed in the near future. I am not even sure why it was done like that in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                  X