Workstation not showing up on Swarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workstation not showing up on Swarm

Probably not a bug, but I have two computers(Laptop and Desktop) on a home network. When I try to use Swarm to render with both computers, I can only get one to show up. The issue is with my Desktop, which does not show up on the swarm manager but can render fine by itself. Only the Laptop shows up on the Swarm. If I start the render on the desktop I can successfully render with both the Laptop and the Desktop, however if I start the render on the Laptop I cannot use the Desktop as a slave. While on the Desktop, if I click on the Swarm Manager it will not even load in my browser.

Desktop is Windows 7 and my Laptop is Windows 10. I tried turning off antivirus and firewall, but it makes no difference.

Any Ideas? My preferred workflow is to work on my Laptop and use the Desktop to help render, but it only works the other way right now.

Did you try reinstalling SWARM on the Desktop machine - https://download.chaosgroup.com/down...standalone-141
    Make sure you have the same SWARM version on both machines. Also - make sure you have Visual C++ redistributable packages - 2010 and 2015 (64 bit) on both computers.
    SWARM uses TCP ports 24267, 30304 (for licensing) and UDP port 24267 (if you have the firewalls back on - please make sure they are allowed).
    Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
    X