"only in secondary" is lost at v3.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "only in secondary" is lost at v3.6

Please bring it back, best also as object property.

-Micha
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Originally posted by Micha View Post
    Please bring it back, best also as object property.

-Micha
    That was our initial plan:
    To change the way this is done in V-Ray for Rhino.
    That is why we no longer have the option in the material itself.

You can still get this effect based on a material by using the Override shader.
    In it you can choose which material should be used for camera, reflection, refraction, shadow and GI rays.
    Leaving a slot empty will make the shader invisible for that specific ray type.

Regards,
    Konstantin

Comment

I don't understand, what is the new plan? So, we will get a simple flag option, only at a new place (object properties)? The next SR will bring it back?

The old flag option was very easy to use. The override shader is a nice tool, no question, but for a simple task like this I wouldn't like to work with Hyper-Materials based on sub materials.
      www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

indeed the way it is now is way to complicated. It means we have to create a new override shader, and assign the material 4 times to the lower 4 slots. That's a lot of clicking and extra material editor clutter. In object properties it seems there are two flags: 'visible' and 'skip rendering' but I could not figure out how to use these. If I deselect 'visible', it just removes the object from the render (as in hide) and the same happens when selecting 'skip rendering'
        You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

Working...
        X