Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirt map/AO only producing lines

Hi ya

I can't get AO or dirt map working effectively.

It's obviously working because when I add it as an extra texture-dirt map then I get a thin line around the bottom of objects but that's all. I've attached some renders to show. I played with the sliders and just get a darker line but no shadowy corners. Also played with exposure but get the same, material override on or off - get the same

Thanks

Hi,

Could you please use the Dir command to check the normals of the geometry and flip them if necessary?

Comment

shapebubble Maybe it helps to find a solution if you post a screenshot of your dirt setup and where you place it. Is the radius large enough?
      www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Hi ya

Sorry for the slow reply, thanks for your input. I have attached Dirt map settings and Dir results. I've also tried another file and it does exactly the same.

Thanks

Comment

Interesting, you added an extra output channel. I didn't know this way. I added the AO effect to the material per special trick - an additional black emissive layer and the opacity is controlled per dirt map. This works. Maybe the extra output channel doesn't work right and georgi.georgiev can help.

Comment

I tested the extra channel output and it works in GPU and CPU mode. Maybe you should set a larger radius?

Comment

Hi Micha

Yeah I added so I have it as an extra layer for post production but if just turn on AO I get the same effect. I don't really want to have to add AO to every layer I would rather it just worked as it should. I've followed the tutorials I have found and simple don't get the same results, just a strong black line.

Thanks

Comment

If you work in mm than you get 10mm dirt effects only at the moment. Also you use fallof 0 and maybe this cause a focused effect. So, the AO could be looking like a black line. I think, it's a question of adjustment only. For example I would try radius 100 and falloff 1.

Comment

Great, thanks Micha that seems to be getting results now

Comment

Working...
                  X