Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snapshots or namedviews

Hello,

I'm evaluating switching from Sketchup & Vray to Rhino (Windows) & Vray for architectural visualization.

Are Rhino snapshots the best way to render a given camera position (for saving layer state, sun, etc) similar to Sketchup scene tabs?

I typically have 3 or 4 camera positions per interior room.

Thank you,

Glenn

Hi glennco

Apologies for the delayed reply!

Both are viable options, however Rhino's Snapshots offering more functionality since they can save not only camera position but also light setup, material appearance, and such.

Comment

Be careful with snapshots at Rhino 6, it can cause a strong file size increase, since it stores more features than selected. If I remember me right it's fixed for Rhino 7 WIP, but best you search at the Rhino forum for discussions bout it.
      www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Thanks for the response, no problem on the delay since I haven't downloaded Rhino Vray trial yet, probably in the next couple weeks.

For my workflow at current time, it appears snapshots are more in line with what I need, and I will have to live with larger file size (for reference Sketchup files are 25MB to 35MB).

Glenn

Comment

I got the file size issue at a large file and I got some hundred MB more. Right, for small scene no problem. Good luck.
          www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

I find snapshots to be extremely buggy. Make sure to backup your project and assets before using!
            for example creating an asset after making a snapshot and returning to the previous snapshot is a recipe for disaster.
            You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

Working...
            X