Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 3.6 question and big complain

Hi

Is it the build 3.6 free for update? Is it working the animation feature already? Is it stable?

I?m working on v 3.4 and it constantly crashes! The worst is that the Rhino recovery file does not contain any information from vray! The material list is empty too! The most annoying thing is that when vray window is active and I wanna access any floatable toolbar from Rhino ? there is a flickr! So, I must click second time to finally have Rhino property toolbar usable but this hides all vray interface. Back to vray is the same problem. It seems vray is not properly integrated in Rhino. As a bonus Vray has changed the text size on my command line to super small and I can't fix this few months already.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	small command line.JPG
Views:	236
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	983276

Vray 3.4 set me in quite embarrassing situations at work. I failed on several projects and today I proved I?m less reliable than people doing internship here using Cinema4D on beginner level! Furthermore we have purchased Bongo while Vray 3.4 has not animating feature on! You can imagine how I feel after being hired also as Vray Consultant here?
    I?ve been always loyal to your software but this time I won?t expose myself on risk anymore and I?ll switch to cinema4D / Keyshot as the rest of my work mates.
    I?ve been asked by my employer what configuration I need. Only because of Vray I had to stick to Widows again! Now as a bonus I can?t export my footages in Apple Pro Res and my PC has terrible performance. Actually I picked it following your benchmark:
    - Rank 47
    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2698 v4 @ 2.20GHz x80, Quadro M4000 8192MB

Vray for Rhino was amazing under the development of Asgvis in the past.

Hi kostenurka,

Is it the build 3.6 free for update?
    3.6 is a free service pack update, yes.

Is it working the animation feature already? Is it stable?
    What do you mean by 'the animation feature'?
    We have improved the way native Rhino animations are handled by V-Ray. Now you can render sequences without re-exporting the scene geometry for every frame.

I?m working on v 3.4 and it constantly crashes! The worst is that the Rhino recovery file does not contain any information from vray!The material list is empty too!
    The next time you experience a crash you can send us the .dmp file. It is sometimes possible to find the cause in the dump file.
    The recovery file is created by Rhino alone and V-Ray can't save it's data in on crash.
    The console warning will be resolved with our next release. Even now it shouldn't cause any problems.

The most annoying thing is that when vray window is active and I wanna access any floatable toolbar from Rhino ? there is a flickr! So, I must click second time to finally have Rhino property toolbar usable but this hides all vray interface.
    The Asset Editor window is a separate process and when it gets focused Rhino hides the floating toolbars and other panels. You will see the same if you focus any other OS window or application.
    The Rhino help itself does it. (Click F1 and all your floating panels are gone)
    This is a standard Rhino behavior and it's currently not possible for us to change it.

Back to vray is the same problem. It seems vray is not properly integrated in Rhino.
    We've done our best to make our integration as good as possible.
    In 3.6 for example all the V-Ray lights are synced with their Rhino representation. Changing name, color and intensity from Rhino's Lights list is now an option.

As a bonus Vray has changed the text size on my command line to super small and I can't fix this few months already.
    V-Ray doesn't affect the command line text font or size in any way.
    So here's a fix:
    > Tools > Options > Appearance > Command prompt > Text size Click image for larger version  Name:	command prompt.png Views:	1 Size:	34.8 KB ID:	983339

Vray 3.4 set me in quite embarrassing situations at work. I failed on several projects and today I proved I?m less reliable than people doing internship here using Cinema4D on beginner level!
    Can you pin-point some of the things lacking in Rhino + V-Ray that are possible in C4D?
    I guess it's not just the window focus.
    Can you send more detailed list that can help us improve the software. We have always been open to suggestions.

Furthermore we have purchased Bongo while Vray 3.4 has not animating feature on! You can imagine how I feel after being hired also as Vray Consultant here?
    Can you give us more details on what you're missing in Bongo.
    We intend to improve our animation further so any feedback will be appreciated.

I?ve been always loyal to your software but this time I won?t expose myself on risk anymore and I?ll switch to cinema4D / Keyshot as the rest of my work mates.
    Cinema 4D provides a completely different toolset compared to Rhino so I can't comment on that.

I?ve been asked by my employer what configuration I need. Only because of Vray I had to stick to Widows again! Now as a bonus I can?t export my footages in Apple Pro Res and my PC has terrible performance.
    Actually I picked it following your benchmark:- Rank 47
    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2698 v4 @ 2.20GHz x80, Quadro M4000 8192MB
    This is a good configuration. I don't understand what's causing the lack of performance.
    Keep in mind that the V-Ray benchmark results are based on the actual V-Ray performance on a particular system. The list is not managed by us in any way.

Vray for Rhino was amazing under the development of Asgvis in the past.
    Can you give us some examples of software features or functionality that was better in the past?

Regards,
    Konstantin
    Last edited by konstantin_chaos; 09-02-2018, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Thank you Konstantin.

I think the best way to explain would be that I record my screen and share the footage with you. I will try the new build now.
      Thank you

Comment

Working...
      X