Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to import animated proxy?

I'm testing out animated proxies...

I have a sample from Evermotion which I can open in 3Dsmax, its properly animated and textured.

When I export this to a proxy (from the right click "V-ray mesh export" option) and tick the "export animation" option, the process operates fine.

However, when I import this into Rhino it's lost its textures. The animation settings are available in the Vray asset editor. The multi-tex material is listed in the material editor, as are the sub-\materials, however they've all lost their textures.

If I export the same geometry from 3Dsmax to a *.vrscene file format, the textures appear as expected in Rhino when I import it. (However, I don't have the animation controls with this process)

Any ideas how I can ensure the materials appear when importing the animated proxy? Are there some settings I should or shouldn't be using when exporting from 3Dsmax?

Thanks for any tips!

Originally posted by aaouviz View Post
    I'm testing out animated proxies...

I have a sample from Evermotion which I can open in 3Dsmax, its properly animated and textured.

When I export this to a proxy (from the right click "V-ray mesh export" option) and tick the "export animation" option, the process operates fine.

However, when I import this into Rhino it's lost its textures. The animation settings are available in the Vray asset editor. The multi-tex material is listed in the material editor, as are the sub-\materials, however they've all lost their textures.

If I export the same geometry from 3Dsmax to a *.vrscene file format, the textures appear as expected in Rhino when I import it. (However, I don't have the animation controls with this process)

Any ideas how I can ensure the materials appear when importing the animated proxy? Are there some settings I should or shouldn't be using when exporting from 3Dsmax?

Thanks for any tips!
    Hi!

It is normal, proxy does not save materials and textures, you need to export materials manually,

In max go to tools men?, the last option is vrmat converter, try convert scene materials to vrmat.

Not all the max materials and maps are compatible but at least you have vrmat material with textures to use in rhino,

Comment

Ah...My mistake! Thanks Mate!

Too bad animated proxies don't import through *.vrscene. I love this capability (but would love it if the materials were imported/editable too).

Comment

Ah...My mistake! Thanks Mate!

Too bad animated proxies don't import through *.vrscene. I love this capability (but would love it if the materials were imported/editable too).
        Hi aaouviz,

Animated VRScenes can also be imported and rendered.
        There are no options for changing the animation playback type but otherwise they should render fine.

Regards,
        Konstantin

Comment

Originally posted by konstantin_chaos View Post

Animated VRScenes can also be imported and rendered.
          Ah, great! Thanks for letting me know.

Originally posted by konstantin_chaos View Post

There are no options for changing the animation playback type but otherwise they should render fine.
          Ah, too bad! Why not? This surely should be implemented, no?

Comment

Ah, too bad! Why not? This surely should be implemented, no?
            Yes, we can add some options.
            I'll let you know when it's done.

Konstantin

Comment

Working...
            X