Need help understanding effectsResult vfb output image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help understanding effectsResult vfb output image

I noticed that from 3.4 to 3.6 when rendering using vray.exe I am getting an additional vfb channel file that I did not get in the past when the image saves using -imgFile "img.tga" The channel is effectsResult. Currently I render rgb, denoiser and materialID. Is there an advantage to the effectsResult or should I just nuke it? Does this vfb channel have something to do with the changes to things like bloom and glare settings in 3.6?

Hi Travis,

The effectsResult channel shows you the combined Denoiser and Lens Effects result.
    In case you just want to use the Denoiser alone the effectsResult is not an output that you necessarily need.

Regards,
    Konstantin

Comment

ahh perfect, ok thanks! So i assume there's no setting in the vray options to exclude getting this file? I dont want to write automation to clean it up if i can disable it somewhere via an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis Serio_cg View Post
        ahh perfect, ok thanks! So i assume there's no setting in the vray options to exclude getting this file? I dont want to write automation to clean it up if i can disable it somewhere via an option.
        There is currently no way to prevent this layer from being saved in case Denoiser or Lens Effects are enabled.
        This is a V-Ray core behavior.

Konstantin

Comment

yep another service release surprise for down stream processes! always fun!

Comment

Working...
          X