Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more script methods

It would really be great if we could get script methods for the following:

- detecting image sampler current settings, including detecting which one is being used
    - toggle linear workflow and set input gamma (in color mapping)
    - toggle override viewport (in output)
    - toggle retrace threshold (in light cache)
    - something similar to GetRenderOutputSize and GetIrradianceMapMinMaxRate but that can return values rather than modifying a global or array, so that python can use these scripts

thank you!
    emil mertzel
    vray4rhinoWiki

Lookinglass Architecture and Design

Do you want these added to the RhinoScript (EditScript) methods and/or the Rhino Python (EditPythonScript) methods?

Can you give an overview of the workflow you are trying to do? I know a lot of times people adjust these settings by loading different visopts, but that might not work for your workflow.
    Best regards,
    Matt Newberg
    Software Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Uh, well, I didn't realize there was a separate set of methods for Pythonscript. I thought Pythonscript just accessed the rhino script methods. I'm coding in Pythonscript. So I guess I would want them added to the Pythonscript methods. Where can I find a complete list? I've been using iTripoli to read the .tlb file.

this is for a tool that simplifies the UI. Here's my thread on the project:
      http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...fied-UI-python

and the current version is here:
      http://www.lookinglass.us/vray4rhino...user+interface

It would be really helpful if I could detect the image sampler settings, Especially the current image sampler, DMC max subdivisions, DMC noise threshold, and Global subdivisions; the tool is kind of weak without it. Getting a python-friendly version of GetRenderOutputSize and GetIrradianceMapMinMaxRate would give me a much faster script. the other methods would be useful for setting defaults.

Loading visopts is is not a viable solution for me, as you might imagine.

thanks so much!
      emil mertzel
      vray4rhinoWiki

Lookinglass Architecture and Design

Comment

Working...
      X